Teh Future is Now: Milwaukee's Lithium-Ion Corded Drill

n00b

Some of the Festools have brushless tools that run on AC power. What I gathered brushless motors are actually AC motors from AvE's video on it

Cool!

Whatever he was doing was driving my dog CRAZY when the sound was playing.

And wasn't the sound from an old NES video game?

I like how sleek and modern looking it is. I can see why they have that thick black security cable coming off the base of the handle because people would be too tempted to walk out of the store with them. Where does the battery go though ? :P

Obviously the cord plugs into the battery. Sheesh, and you guys call yourselves professional. ;-)

• Like 2

tHmiEFvh.jpg

**eye-rolling emoticon-thingy here**

Also is the drill $8.98 or is that the battery pack? I think the main reason the battery cord is so long is so you can wrap it around your arm so you can control it a bit better. I'm not sure this drill is OSHA approved.

Hell no this drill is not OSHA approved, thats cause some stupid ass HD staff member dissapproved it with the false advertising. And the more I think about it the more I think that this was done intentionally in order to grab attention. And look how big this thread is over it, mission accomplished. I'd love to fire the one who did it, cause this is complete herecy lol

HD knows how to do good advertisement 

• Like 1

and here I thought the cord was just to charge it......quick yank and it goes in the handle like the hoover vacuum cleaners.....

I think comp56 hit on something accidentally that we haven't thought about yet . Maybe that cord is the pull start for a small engine that runs the drill. Instead of that inconvenient changing of the battery, we can now just carry gas jugs around.

LOL, You can't run a saw off of solar power, well, you can, but then you will burn it out from over voltage. Now if you ran solar panels to a charge controller, then to a set of batteries, then had an inverter off the batteries, you could then run the saw off of solar reliably.

How about fission?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

LOL, You can't run a saw off of solar power, well, you can, but then you will burn it out from over voltage. Now if you ran solar panels to a charge controller, then to a set of batteries, then had an inverter off the batteries, you could then run the saw off of solar reliably.

*phew* You had me worried for a second...seriously, how am I gonna tinker in the garage during the Zombie Apocalypse if solar's not gonna power my gear?!