Username Meaning

kruton

mine is what I tend to do with everything...I used it as my first forum user name and now it stuck.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. My wife is alway giving me about how much I will research something before I buy it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Lol good answer haha im sure she cant argue with that she may try but jeez tgats a great way to turn it around.... my next goal is gonba try to explain why i need to spend 300$ on a stiletto hammer.... haha im still trying to convience myself but i really want it

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Tell her it will prevent you from having elbow problems as you get older from all the recoil a steel hammer has! Elbow surgery is a lot more expensive than 300..

I have the TiBone 15 and absolutely love that hammer.. the side puller is worth the full cost of the hammer because it just works so damn nice. Also it's one tough hammer. Don't think your gonna have to baby it, I use mine for everything from demo, smacking chunks of concrete off here or there and obviously wood.

I also have the 10 Oz wood handle finish hammer and 3 of their pry bars. Their shit is just nice man. Not sure if it's totally worth all the money but they feel great to use and are just baller.. I say go for the tibone, your a framer for crying out loud!!!

• Like 1

my name came about in the early 90's far before internet per say....I use to race quarter mile and one of my cars was a 1956 chev nomad, with a 396CID big block it ran a 9.14 second @147.42MPH at Brainerd international raceway.. one weekend at the invitationals I ran that speed to win the Bracket 1 super comp race after the race in the pit side the one and only John Force was talking to a bunch of us and he said that is one hell of a comp56......and it stuck......

Damn man!! First off, very nice car and Seconly that is a seriously good time! Nice!! You must have had a ton of work done to that car.

Naturally aspirated or super/turbo??

I worked at a place with 40 or so employees, and there were three Kurts, two Curts, and a Kirk. For some reason, they started calling me Big Kurt, which was shortened to BK, and I like the number 13. Pretty boring, actually...

Well, maybe the fact that I'm 6'6" tall might have something to do with it...

Mine is kinda obvious I suppose.

Back before I ever knew what a forum was, I was referring to myself as Conductor562. One Christmas when my daughter was still in diapers her first Christmas, the RR had annulled all the jobs at my terminal for the holidays meaning we were off to spend it with our families. At 0330 I got a call to take an empty coal train from Charleston to a mine south of Whitesville, WV. The mine was closed until the 27th, coal trains are seldom priority traffic, and the train was tucked away in a siding to not restrict traffic, so I was a little perplexed as to what the sudden urge to move it was all about.

I called the Trainmaster and got 3 different answers so I said "look, I'm not stupid, you want to ruin my kids first Christmas to run an empty coal train inside the mine limits knowing damn good and well they aren't going to load it until Monday so you can bill the coal company 3 days wait time and fatten your year end bonus a few bucks, does that about sum it up?" He says "well, the Superintendent made the call, but you're probably right".

I got a little upset and he gave me the bullshit line about how much CSX cared about their employees and their families. I cut him off and said "Bullshit! CSX doesn't give a flying rats ass about me or my family. As far as they're concerned I'm not even a human, I'm just a craft code and a number, Conductor 562 and nothing more. You tell the Superintendent if he wants the damn thing ran to Whitesville he can take it himself and I'll let him borrow my lantern".

He wasn't happy about it, and I got a nasty letter in the mail over it, but sometimes you just have to let them know how you feel. From that point on when I called in to work I identified myself simply as a craft and number, Conductor 562.

On a side note, that Trainmaster and I became pretty good friends. As a new Union Officer a couple years later he helped me make a couple of really big wins for my guys. He's retired now, but we still talk fairly often. I tell him all the time he'll be the only RR Manager that's not in Hell

• Like 1

My name is Brian Miller and my softball team started calling me B-Mill cause everyone had to have a nickname and my number was 25

That's much more tame than some sports nicknames can be!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk