Milwaukee Power Tool Deal Thread

redmed

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

tell me your vote...

1) $199 = M12 Gen 1 FUEL impact driver and FUEL hammer drill with 2.0 and 4.0 batteries  PLUS  the new m12 stapler

or 

2) $229 = M12 Gen 2 FUEL impact driver and FUEL hammer drill with 2.0 and 4.0 batteries.

Do y'all think the Gen 2 is worth the extra cost and not getting a free tool?

11 minutes ago, Daniel Julian said:

tell me your vote...

1) $199 = M12 Gen 1 FUEL impact driver and FUEL hammer drill with 2.0 and 4.0 batteries  PLUS  the new m12 stapler

or 

2) $229 = M12 Gen 2 FUEL impact driver and FUEL hammer drill with 2.0 and 4.0 batteries.

I'm not a Milwaukee tool fanboy, but I am a Milwaukee Fuel snob (meaning the only red tools I own are Fuel models).  As such, I'm not the best suited to answer this, but unless you want the features of the Gen 2 (smaller and with slightly higher specs?), I'd save the $30 and get the free $99 stapler. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Daniel Julian said:

tell me your vote...

or 

I've got the stapler and it's pretty awesome so my vote would be for option 1.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2018 at 10:26 PM, Daniel Julian said:

tell me your vote...

or 

I bought the gen1 kit on this deal with the stapler and ended up returning the kit when the gen2 became available as I hadn’t used the gen1 kit yet. I kept the stapler but was only refunded 132 and some change so the stapler cost 66 and I bought the gen2 kit for 129. Yes, It’s definitely worth it for me. No doubt. The gen1 kit tools are larger than most of my 18v tools. HD offers a free 2ah battery if you buy the gen2 kit online and in some stores. I was fortunate to get the free battery offer in-store but would have purchased either way. 

7 hours ago, XTsallaD said:

I bought the gen1 kit on this deal with the stapler and ended up returning the kit when the gen2 became available as I hadn’t used the gen1 kit yet. I kept the stapler but was only refunded 132 and some change so the stapler cost 66 and I bought the gen2 kit for 129. Yes, It’s definitely worth it for me. No doubt. The gen1 kit tools are larger than most of my 18v tools. HD offers a free 2ah battery if you buy the gen2 kit online and in some stores. I was fortunate to get the free battery offer in-store but would have purchased either way. 

did you do all this at home depot? I also bought the gen 1 kit with stapler but returned it and bought the gen 2 for $179. However i was hoping to keep the stapler but they wouldn't do a return without it.

Anyone looking to pick up a 12" SCMS could do worse than the Milwaukee 6955-80.  CPO has a sale going today for a recon saw for $365 with free shipping, which is a heck of a deal on an awesome saw.

https://www.cpooutlets.com/factory-reconditioned-milwaukee-6955-80-12-in--dual-bevel-sliding-compound-miter-saw/milr6955-80,default,pd.html

I bought one a few years ago (also recon) and it's been rock solid.

image.png

On 2/4/2018 at 7:20 PM, noccem said:

did you do all this at home depot? I also bought the gen 1 kit with stapler but returned it and bought the gen 2 for $179. However i was hoping to keep the stapler but they wouldn't do a return without it.

I guess I was lucky. I was prepared to keep the gen 1 kit if they wanted me to return the stapler and I would have just gotten the gen2 kit anyway. I figured that I would have bought the stapler regardless for 99 and the batteries were worth the additional 100 so it was like getting two tools for free in my mind when I bought the gen1 kit. I did still end up with a 66 dollar loss after the return but also kept the stapler. I might be a little addicted to buying tools. I just tell myself that good tools make me money, they don’t cost me money. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Heinyho said:

Home Depot had the M18 FUEL™ 7-1/4” Circular Saw, rapid charger, and 9mah battery on sale for $236. Is that a good buy?

It's a decent deal if you need a saw, but certainly not "drop everything and run out and buy it NOW" good.  Sometimes, you'll see these combos down to 199 or even lower, but they usually get snapped up by then.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw the old rocket light bare tool (2130-20) on clearance endcap for $175. Also had the one-key sawzall for $200. Seems like clearance at local stores is pretty random. You can still get the bare tool rocket light with free 5.0 battery and charger for $200. Might wait to see if it drops below $175; they had 4 left.

On 3/18/2018 at 4:30 PM, khariV said:

It's a decent deal if you need a saw, but certainly not "drop everything and run out and buy it NOW" good.  Sometimes, you'll see these combos down to 199 or even lower, but they usually get snapped up by then.

On 3/18/2018 at 2:44 PM, Heinyho said:

Home Depot had the M18 FUEL™ 7-1/4” Circular Saw, rapid charger, and 9mah battery on sale for $236. Is that a good buy?

ABAE0264-DA6F-4566-9236-300877ADC117.jpeg

Dang. I just blew $319 on the mitersaw at CPO. Great deal and now that I’ve been running the pum with 2 9.0s it was easy to argue the purchase. I was going to get the Flexvolt but...smaller is going to fit me better I think.

• 3 weeks later...

I scored a great deal on the large Packout box. I needed a water resistant tool box for when I take my car to the track this week up in Lime Rock with rain possibly in the forecast. I saw only one store had limited availability of the box and wanted to see it in person to judge if it would fit in the trunk. When I showed up it had a piece of copy paper on top saying $129 and looked like it might have been a return or just a store demo box so I wheeled it over to the pro desk and asked the guy if he could do better on the price because it looked like a return. He said sure and took me over to the register and gave me $50 off.

I’m thrilled because  I was just gonna spend nearly as much on some cheaper rigid or husky box but my store had tons of those with half of them with broken latches sitting on the shelves. I had to put a moving blanket down in the back seat to get it home but figured the top handle looked removable and when I got it home with two screws removed the handle slides right out and fits perfectly in the trunk! 

C4FAE0F2-1C16-4D4A-BF07-8FF3DAF4388B.jpeg

B865D9BE-C192-4D1D-B1FE-813B2C37ED71.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...