This is how I imagine conductor when he sees a train!!

DR99

Yeah I showed Samantha the video before we went to the mountains today. I passed the Conway scenic railroad and burst into spontaneous orgasm. I'm a hoot.

Dude, TMI. Waaaaayyyyyyy TMI!

Conductor honestly doesn't care if he ever hears another train in his life. After a couple thousand train rides, it loses it's luster. The sound of spitter valves and wheels clacking on a joint bar haunt my dreams. These days each trip is just one more toward the 7000 I need to sign over my switch keys and tell the railroad to lick my nuts.

I do admit the E7's and 8's (passenger engines) and F7's and 8's (Freight engines) were the finest looking engines to ever straddle the iron, but looks aside, they're terribly uncomfortable in comparison to the comfort cabs of today.

That dude.....well, he needs professional help. I can't help but feel that the services of a lady friend might be the best thing for him.

• Like 1

Yea, I was in Providence, Rhode Island all last week on business, so I didn't have much time to spend on tool talk.

Providence was nothing special, but I did spend a couple evenings in Newport touring the mansions there. That was pretty damn impressive. The Breakers (one of the Venderbilt residences) was 70 rooms totaling 68,000 sq. ft. of living space and counting the kitchens and staff quarters it's over 125,000. It was an almost incomprehensible scale and required me to be a good 75 yards out to get it all in frame for a picture.

I didn't take many pics, but here's one of the house and one of Mrs. Conductor and I

post-515-0-05520400-1437286337_thumb.jpg

post-515-0-41922900-1437286398_thumb.jpg

Conductor honestly doesn't care if he ever hears another train in his life. After a couple thousand train rides, it loses it's luster. The sound of spitter valves and wheels clacking on a joint bar haunt my dreams. These days each trip is just one more toward the 7000 I need to sign over my switch keys and tell the railroad to lick my nuts.

I do admit the E7's and 8's (passenger engines) and F7's and 8's (Freight engines) were the finest looking engines to ever straddle the iron, but looks aside, they're terribly uncomfortable in comparison to the comfort cabs of today.

That dude.....well, he needs professional help. I can't help but feel that the services of a lady friend might be the best thing for him.

I don't get the crazy railroad fans at all. They sit in the bitter cold just to watch some trains pass. I guess everyone needs a hobby, but couldn't you pick up a cooler one :) I would like to do a train ride on all the old industrial tracks in Detroit just to see what it looks like. It's a view most people will never get to see.

No, they require you to use echo location to find your way to dinner. And so you finally found the dinner table, all to find out that they are only serving duck for dinner. So you ask the waiter, "what if you don't like duck" Then the waiter says with a laugh, "well, if you don't like duck, I'm afraid your rather stuck." :P

I'd been stuck because I never had duck