"25 New Tools from Makita"

mtnkid85

Just saw this slide show over on TOTT, most of the stuff has already been posted here I believe but its good to look at anyway!

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/tools-and-equipment/25-new-tools-from-makita_o.aspx?dfpzone=blogs.davidfrane&utm_source=newsletter&utm_content=jump&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=TOTT_071415%20(1)&he=9e07b3c75de98105aeeb37a9c860c7bc26b528b7

Oh man am I stoked on the addition of the work lights!

Man that 18 GA nailer is fugly! Let's hope they went with the function over form design idea and the thing works like no other!!

The flood lights are a great idea. Don't expect them to be as bright as a 500w halogen though.. at 750 lumens they work out to be similar to a 60w bulb. Still pretty decent especially with two going.

I can't help but wonder if the 12v is being marketed mostly towards homeowners.. the slide pack might mean they are catering to smaller hands and the fact that they didn't seem to make the tools very compact or roll out high end tech.. maybe they will come out with a second Gen soon that is more super compact pro oriented.

Come on makita... let's hurry it up with the BL reciprocating saw!!!

Man that 18 GA nailer is fugly! Let's hope they went with the function over form design idea and the thing works like no other!!

The flood lights are a great idea. Don't expect them to be as bright as a 500w halogen though.. at 750 lumens they work out to be similar to a 60w bulb. Still pretty decent especially with two going.

I can't help but wonder if the 12v is being marketed mostly towards homeowners.. the slide pack might mean they are catering to smaller hands and the fact that they didn't seem to make the tools very compact or roll out high end tech.. maybe they will come out with a second Gen soon that is more super compact pro oriented.

Come on makita... let's hurry it up with the BL reciprocating saw!!!

i'd have to agree with your thoughts on the 12v line. doesnt seem like they are going for the smaller size as much as they just want a product to sell to a different market segment. it's not a bad idea, though. i'm not a pro and i definitely grab my m12 line more than my m18 since they can do most of what i need without the extra bulk. the fact that they are physically so much smaller is a nice side benefit, but it's really the weight difference that makes it so much easier to handle the tool that makes me use the m12s more.

Because of the fugly form of it. If you hold it upside down you can shoot nails very close to the floor.

It works good but the weight imbalance is annoying :)

I hear ya..

Is fugly a word they teach you in English class over there or did you just pick up on the meaning?? Haha

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fugly

That's a great site for deciphering slang