5 inch orbit sander

jbw55

I have the Bosch, and while I haven't used it a ton, I like it. I do wish I would have gotten the kit with the hard case rather than the bag, but that's just a personal quirk.

If you buy the Bosch with the hardcase and don't want the case, let me know....

I agree, Comp56 has got it all worked out. Get the Milwaukee orbit sander, and connect it up to a vacuum, and you can sand till there is no wood anymore, and that room will still be clean as a wistle. That is something Dan really needed for his CNC machine. He had a vacuume hooked up but it was a wimpy festool, when he should have hooked up the huge Rigid vacuume that can really suck hard!

your right but with a dust deputy and a shop vac then the shop vac filter stays clean for weeks instead of hours......I have had my dust deputy running for almost 14 buckets full of crap and shop vac filter looks like day one still another nice thing is it stays at full power all the time 

your right but with a dust deputy and a shop vac then the shop vac filter stays clean for weeks instead of hours......I have had my dust deputy running for almost 14 buckets full of crap and shop vac filter looks like day one still another nice thing is it stays at full power all the time

I need to either buckle down and by a dust deputy… Or make one for sure!

truthfully have not tried the Bosch or Dewalt however I have a buddy that have both and they seem to be happy with the one's they have. I do however have the Milwaukee, is it better not sure all I know is... it is quiet, vibration free  has a slow start and a comfortable grip which I like, the stock dust bag does nothing but it has a nice large dust port......

Milwaukee's sanders are not as popular as other brands. I know Conductor had a bad experience with the Milwaukee 1/4 sheet sander. That was all about the method of how it kept the sand paper on though.

ya I have had the Milwaukee 1/4 in my hands at the store but it didn't do nothing for me, as I have a 1/4 sheet but the orbital didn't story....

Thanks everyone for the feedback......I checked out the Mileaukee, Bosch and Dewalt today, the Dewalt seem to feel the best so that's what I went with. I'll be doiing a few doors soon and will post my findings.....

let me know what you think of the dewalt sander, i am waiting for the next model they saw at the dewalt event to come out and then i am going to buy the sander.

let me know what you think of the dewalt sander, i am waiting for the next model they saw at the dewalt event to come out and then i am going to buy the sander.

Yesterday I painted a pocket door and screwed it up LOL.....a bit windy to shoot it so I brushed it and wasn't happy so this morning out came the Dewalst 5 inch orbital, this was the first time I used it and I must say its a awesome sander, variable speed is a plus. There is next to no vibrations coming back up numbing the crap out of your hands. I removed all the paint back down to the primer and took about 20 minutes to complete, this pocket door has glass so it took a few minutes longer than if it was a no glass door. Over all I'm really happy with the sander. oh the dust bag is worthless but most are, easy to hook up a vac if need be. I give this a five star ::)

• Like 1

Yesterday I painted a pocket door and screwed it up LOL.....a bit windy to shoot it so I brushed it and wasn't happy so this morning out came the Dewalst 5 inch orbital, this was the first time I used it and I must say its a awesome sander, variable speed is a plus. There is next to no vibrations coming back up numbing the crap out of your hands. I removed all the paint back down to the primer and took about 20 minutes to complete, this pocket door has glass so it took a few minutes longer than if it was a no glass door. Over all I'm really happy with the sander. oh the dust bag is worthless but most are, easy to hook up a vac if need be. I give this a five star ::)

okay so i guess i will be spending $80 dollars tomorrow and getting it! wht vacuum did you hook up to it?