Knipex Cobra's - Are they carried in any Big Box store?

99_XC600

Chadstoolbox.Com usually has great prices on knipex stuff and will beat a better advertised price if you can find one.. wherever you buy them from, just buy them... they are great

also the knipex pliers wrench has got to be one of the best hand tools ever made. Consider picking one up, they work amazingly well.

Just bought myself an extra knipex plier wrench the other day (I have the 150mm and now the 250mm i.e 10 inch), and I can sign up on how good they are. Incredible versatile, good looking, powerfull and awesome quality.

Find new uses for it "all the time". :)

Kinda want the Smartgrip knipex too. Unsure if it is worth investing in when you already got the non-smartgrip version with comfy handles...

No Menards out in the Northeast. 

I ended picking up the clones from Sears on Wednesday.

As far as I know, they are rebrands, made by Knipex, not clones. The package does say made in Germany, right?

As far as I know, they are rebrands, made by Knipex, not clones. The package does say made in Germany, right?

the pliers themselves say made in Germany. The only difference is that these pliers have an additional black grip and you can see the red knipex grip underneath.

Yes they are the same. Only real difference is the grip is a red and black deal and it says Craftsman on the head.

As far as 1st impressions I do like them. One minor gripe is with how it's marketed as having an auto lock/memory once you grab a fastener. This is not completely accurate since this feature will only work if they are in a perfect horizontal position where the top handle (bottom jaw) is using the force of gravity to pull down on the handle and allow the bottom jaw to grab the object.