BL 6 1/2 Saw

Swaglosrevival

So by the end of the month I plan on buying the Makita XSH03M brushless saw. The combo comes with 4.0ah batteries. Does anyone know or think the batteries will be replaced with 5.0 ah. Should I wait or that will never happen and this was just a stupid question?

I'm not sure how flexible your stockists are in America but here in oz they are pretty decent, they allowed me to swap tools into a kit for things I didn't want/need and pay the difference. Enquire about swapping the 4's for 5's and pay the difference? You're buying a great saw!

It's a great saw.. I use mine with 3.0 and 4.0 batteries and it's got plenty of runtime...

check out bishoptools on ebay. He is usually the cheapest for new makita stuff. Fast shipping and he is a member of the forum. I think he has that bare tool for 179.. if you wanted the kit just message him on ebay or on here (screen name here is also bishoptools) and I'm sure he could get you a kit.

It's a great saw.. I use mine with 3.0 and 4.0 batteries and it's got plenty of runtime...

check out bishoptools on ebay. He is usually the cheapest for new makita stuff. Fast shipping and he is a member of the forum. I think he has that bare tool for 179.. if you wanted the kit just message him on ebay or on here (screen name here is also bishoptools) and I'm sure he could get you a kit.

Still on my list John! Especially with the 4.0s I'm sporting!
  • Like 1

Yeah I think so too. I'm saving up for a bandsaw right now so getting the cordless saw isn't high on my list as I have the 20v Dewalt and it's actually a decent saw. But.....that Makita will get some good use when I get it!

Yeah I think so too. I'm saving up for a bandsaw right now so getting the cordless saw isn't high on my list as I have the 20v Dewalt and it's actually a decent saw. But.....that Makita will get some good use when I get it!

It will spank the pants off your dewalt!! Haha

It will spank the pants off your dewalt!! Haha

I think the Dewalt is the best brushed saw around. Pretty powerful and very user friendly. I'm not sure a 'spanking' would take place, but definitely a touch-up.

Idk y I'm just seeing this. Yea I chatting with Bishop a couple days ago about another tool I want, I believe he will be my go to guy for tools. But yea I think ima go with the bare tool and get the batteries separate. No need to complicate things. Thanks for the heads up!

Idk y I'm just seeing this. Yea I chatting with Bishop a couple days ago about another tool I want, I believe he will be my go to guy for tools. But yea I think ima go with the bare tool and get the batteries separate. No need to complicate things. Thanks for the heads up!

nice! You will get great service from them and your definitely gonna like those new tools!
  • Like 1

That is their site, it doesn't get updated nearly as often as their ebay store.. usually ebay had the better prices also. http://www.ebay.com/usr/bishoptools?_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2754

I took that off my phone so hopefully it works for you.

The guy that handles all the marketing, purchasing shipping etc. Is named Jess. He's a great guy who I've come to know only from randomly finding them on ebay and then buying a bunch of stuff and emailing back and forth with him. I was the one who introduced him to the forum.. you might want to shoot him a pm on here letting him know what you want. I sure it would be at least as cheap as his ebay prices if not a little better.. not sure on that though.