Hello from the Big Easy!

nola tools

Hey everybody, I'm Dennis, and this is the first forum I've ever participated in. I'm not even sure how this all works, but I'm trying to learn. I hope I'm able to contribute productively. All I know is, that I seem to have a problem BUYING TOOLS THAT I DON'T EVEN NEED:-) And this seems like the perfect support group for such a problem. Um, scratch that, I do always"justify" the purchase some how...No really...

• Like 2

Welcome aboard Dennis. You clearly haven't read any of the articles or posts on this site. Unfortunately the help you seek cannot be found here. The help you seek can be found at a tupper wear party where we all know our better halves seek to overthrow our constant drive to plan, buy and build a better future with the power harnessed from our minds and hands and thought the constant acquisition of tools! Oh....and beer.

• Like 1

Dennis welcome to the crew fellow tool junkie!! Always remember buying to many tools is not a problem it's a passion once ur learn that my son..."U WILL BE BROKE LIKE THE REST OF US" but u will have a lot of cool freaking TOOOLS!!!!! ;) enjoy the forum!!

Welcome aboard man. Members are all the time posting deals they have found on here so you can use that to justify your buys. I tell my wife all the time "but it was on sale" and if that doesnt work, then I usually just pick one of the guys on the forum and tell her that he made me do it!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I'm still figuring out how this site works. Seems like a while lot to sort through. How do I reply directly to someone that has commented on one of my post. For example: above PeteW asked what M12 tools do I own. Do I just answer individual questions down here and address them to the person asking, or is there something to click on near there comment that would allow me to reply and them to get an individual notification that I answered there question?

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I'm still figuring out how this site works. Seems like a while lot to sort through. How do I reply directly to someone that has commented on one of my post. For example: above PeteW asked what M12 tools do I own. Do I just answer individual questions down here and address them to the person asking, or is there something to click on near there comment that would allow me to reply and them to get an individual notification that I answered there question?

in the bottom right on the person's post there is a quote button and that's how you can reply directly to someone's post. does that help?

Welcome Dennis! Your gonna love it here and you will be a forum master in no time!

Are you using a computer or mobile device? The quote feature isn't always visible on mobile devices unless you tap somewhere within the post you would like to reply to.. this expands the post and gives you a few options.

there is really no way for the person to get a notification that you replied to their post, the quote feature just adds the old post to your new post so people know who your talking to and what about.

If there is a particular post that you want to let the person know that you really liked it you can click the check icon or like button at the top right of the post and that will directly notify the poster of that comment that you like what they said.

Another way to reach out to a member directly is to open their profile by clicking on their username. Here you will see an option to send this person a private message.. the person you are sending the private message to would get a notification and only you and that person could see what you are talking about.

Hope you are enjoying the forum so far, it's really a great group of guys all with a common love for tools.. feel free to ask any questions, we were all new to this at one point and very willing to help

in the bottom right on the person's post there is a quote button and that's how you can reply directly to someone's post. does that help?

welcome to the forum dennis, i see you are a big M12 fuel fan, what M12 tools do you have?

Hey PeteW. Thanks for the guidance. Hope this works right. I have 2 M12 fuel circular saws (one of which I won at an HD drawing simply for buying a tape measure) 2 rotary tools, oscillating tool, fuel impact driver and hammer drill, pvc cutters, jigsaw, sawzall, the new vacuum, 2 lanterns, 2 radios, and a bluetooth speaker. Now, I'm just waiting for some more new stuff to come out!
  • Like 1

Hey PeteW. Thanks for the guidance. Hope this works right. I have 2 M12 fuel circular saws (one of which I won at an HD drawing simply for buying a tape measure) 2 rotary tools, oscillating tool, fuel impact driver and hammer drill, pvc cutters, jigsaw, sawzall, the new vacuum, 2 lanterns, 2 radios, and a bluetooth speaker. Now, I'm just waiting for some more new stuff to come out!

worked perfect, i just got into the m18 line up myself and manged to spend $300 this weekend on M18 tools, i really want to get into the M12 line up especially for the M12 circ saw.

Wow. Home Depot is giving away an m12 saw with every tape measure purchase? This is how rumors start.