M12 combo kit being clearanced at my Home Depot

nola tools

yikes! i'd have to respectfully disagree on the value... this isn't bad if you really need the tools, but that kit was on sale for $99 the entire holiday season last year. i picked one up even though i already had the driver just because of the value for the batteries and impact. i'd hold off until the thanksgiving months to score an even better deal if you can wait, especially considering this is just the entry-level offering.

Yup, saw it for $99 in Jume for Fathers Day but it's still a decent value for some high quality compact powerhouses and it comes with the XC battery which is a great battery and I have two of them plus two 2.0s for my two Fuels. $129 is a good deal for those guys, they might go on $99 again at some point but for the $29 extra that's still a great deal.

Not sure of its the 3.0. Had doesn't have it on their web site but this is from Milwaukee and it doesn't mention it. If it doesn't say on the box I'd assume 3.0 as they have upgraded the XC to the 4.0. The batteries in the kit are 1.5ah so I'd assume they are phasing out the lower cap batteries.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/combo-kits/2494-22

thats a good deal. I think that just clearance at your store. i dint see that at mine but there was rigid 10" sliding miter saw for 279$ on the clearance rack.

Isn't that generally a $349 unit?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the rectification ankur. Did that $99 holiday deal include the free 3.0 battery like this kit? That would be an awesome deal that I would definitely wait for...

yes, the kit included the extra xc 3.0, so it was a great deal for 3 batteries and 2 tools, and of course who doesnt like an extra tool bag. the charger situation is getting ridiculous, though. i think i have 4, maybe 5 now??? it's crazy that most of the time the full kits are cheaper or barely more expensive than just the bare tool.

Not sure of its the 3.0. Had doesn't have it on their web site but this is from Milwaukee and it doesn't mention it. If it doesn't say on the box I'd assume 3.0 as they have upgraded the XC to the 4.0. The batteries in the kit are 1.5ah so I'd assume they are phasing out the lower cap batteries.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/combo-kits/2494-22

you're absolutely right, it is both the lower capacities of 1.5ah and 3.0ah. i was hoping they had packaged the 4.0, but no such luck. can't really complain for all that i got for the price, though. funny thing, at the time i bought it the set was listed on the web at $99, but the shelf price was $129, so i asked a manager to price match and instead of just making sure it rang up at $99, he instructed the cashier to give me $30 off. so of course the kit actually rang up at $99 since they suck at updating their signage, and the cashier still gave me the $30 off as instructed! so i got an incredible deal on this thing at just $69!! probably should've said something, but i was just too excited to speak.

• Like 1

I have seen this kit for $96 at our local HD without the XC battery, they also have had the 4 pc kit for $159 which I think is a better deal....

33zdzpz.jpg

Wow. That is an awesome deal! Great tools too! I ran the 1.5 and 3.0 amps for a couple of years and never had a problem with the batteries. The new 2.0s are really nice though and my 4.0s are fantastic. Especially in my Fuel Hackzall. Goes for quite a while.

Wow. That is an awesome deal! Great tools too! I ran the 1.5 and 3.0 amps for a couple of years and never had a problem with the batteries. The new 2.0s are really nice though and my 4.0s are fantastic. Especially in my Fuel Hackzall. Goes for quite a while.

my oldest 1.5's have been going strong for almost 3 years now. i don't work in the trades so it doesn't see the type of heavy use that a lot of you guys might have, but the run time is still incredible. i still use those as opposed to the XC for the smaller size and weight and am rarely disappointed. the m18 is always there for the bigger jobs.

Yup, saw it for $99 in Jume for Fathers Day but it's still a decent value for some high quality compact powerhouses and it comes with the XC battery which is a great battery and I have two of them plus two 2.0s for my two Fuels. $129 is a good deal for those guys, they might go on $99 again at some point but for the $29 extra that's still a great deal.

The Father's Day deal was an impact and screwdriver in my area. The drill and impactor with third battery were $129 down from $179. That's when I bought my set. I don't remember seeing them with the third battery for $99 during the holidays.

The Father's Day deal was an impact and screwdriver in my area. The drill and impactor with third battery were $129 down from $179. That's when I bought my set. I don't remember seeing them with the third battery for $99 during the holidays.

got mine in november of 2014, so that was the holiday season I was referring to. yeah, didn't really see too many good deals during father's day, although there really is no reason to have them since they know lots of wives/kids will be getting their dads some tools.

Back about 6 months our HD was having a promotion on the kit which included both tools and two batteries, it had the yellow sale tag marked down to $99 regular $129 but on the shelf itself where you see the normal pricing someone had put $79 so I rounded up the HD dude and said I sure like the $79 price vs $99 price, with a oh crap look on his face he proceeded to over ride the $99 to $79 and I was on my way.....makes up for some of the not so pleasant visits to HD ::)

I have seen this kit for $96 at our local HD without the XC battery, they also have had the 4 pc kit for $159 which I think is a better deal....

33zdzpz.jpg

not bad, the usa website has this listed as online only, and for $299. not sure what the exchange rate is between here and canada (i'm assuming thats where your store is based on your profile), but if it is that price in the states it's a pretty good deal.

not bad, the usa website has this listed as online only, and for $299. not sure what the exchange rate is between here and canada (i'm assuming thats where your store is based on your profile), but if it is that price in the states it's a pretty good deal.

actually yes it is Canada, however our dollar is crapped out and is only worth about 77 cents to yours so in saying that you would pay only $122...US dollars to buy this at $159 Canadian dollars sick really....

actually yes it is Canada, however our dollar is crapped out and is only worth about 77 cents to yours so in saying that you would pay only $122...US dollars to buy this at $159 Canadian dollars sick really....

WOW. sick indeed. the cost of the flight up there might make it a wash though... i'll keep hunting down here.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    lamparina
    Newest Member
    lamparina