F$&king Humidity!

Conductor562

Well, we haven't had much of a summer. It rains everyday and when it isn't raining, it's so humid you feel like you jumped in a pool as soon as you walk out the door. The grass grows so fast you have to mow every 3rd day to keep it looking nice.

I can deal with all that, but it pisses me off when I open my box only to find my chisels covered in rust. I went through 2 weeks ago and cleaned them all up, even coated them in silicone spray to prevent this sort of thing from happening. I've got several brands, but the Western Forge made Craftsman brand rusts the quickest by far.

Oddly, my impact sockets seem to be fairing pretty well, but my punches & chisels are ridiculous

post-515-0-41194500-1437439383_thumb.jpg

Yeah, the humidity in central PA is brutal. I decided to go to work at 530 this morn, come home early, and the noise police in the housing development be damned. I was home by two and went through 3 shirts throughout the day. It was so bad the wife even convinced me to go skinny dipping last night. Kinda fun.

My area is really humid too and I had a lot of tools that rusted pretty much over night after the first couple humid days. After I cleaned them up I used some of the boeshield T9 spray on them and I haven't really had a problem since. I sprayed them down pretty heavily and then let the T9 dry up on them overnight. I've tried a couple other anti-corrosion sprays like Fluid film and crc something or other, both of which were okay but they left the tools really slick and hard to hold on to. 

conductor get a fan, or seal up the shop and thru a AC unit in there and for the lawn, sprinkle some beer on the grass instead of water, then when it grows it's half cut!

I find your issue hilarious. Come live in the Florida Keys for a bit, even stainless steel rusts here. 

well that comment is actually funny too, cause not all stainless is good stainless slap a magnet on the side of 75% of stainless BBQ's out there and see if it sticks, Rusty Stainless steel is based on how much Chromium Trioxide  or (CrO3) is included, the minimum is 16% there are tons of stainless that is below grade......

• Like 1

conductor get a fan, or seal up the shop and thru a AC unit in there and for the lawn, sprinkle some beer on the grass instead of water, then when it grows it's half cut!

Ac is a good Idea keeps humidity down and is essential here

I find your issue hilarious. Come live in the Florida Keys for a bit, even stainless steel rusts here. 

Don't you love living in Florida though?? We only have to worry about hurricanes :/

Yeah the drought sucks big time,they are urging everyone to let their grass go brown. My front yard is shaded by a huge sycamore tree. Kinda helps a bit. i mowed it today for the first time in a while. Luckily we arent on metered water yet.