F$&king Humidity!

Conductor562

Here's a fun little tidbit, the weed eater is actually a pretty recent invention. It didn't hit the market until 1971.

I looked this up one time after noticing that all our old family photos featured taller grass around the houses.

That's kinda crazy when you figure that much more complex outdoor equipment was invented decades earlier

• Like 1

I never knew this thanks for the info, I think my weed eater is about 20 plus years old its a Shindawia T-27. Its freakin awesome its got a ton of power and for it to still be working and used weekly that's saying something. Only a few minor repairs over the years  

Humidity is a killer. Especially working out of my truck the past several months everything seems to rust faster then they did last year in a heated an cooled garage. The biggest problem with humidity for me isn't my hand tools as much as keeping air dry an moisture free for my plasma cutter.

Humidity is a killer. Especially working out of my truck the past several months everything seems to rust faster then they did last year in a heated an cooled garage. The biggest problem with humidity for me isn't my hand tools as much as keeping air dry an moisture free for my plasma cutter.

Were do you live?

I cleaned them up again. We'll see how long it lasts this time

Might want to toss some silica gel packets in with your tools Conductor. You can get the in bulk fairly cheap off Amazon. They can also be recharged just put them by a dry heat source.

• 2 weeks later...