TIME FOR MAKITA TO GET ITS MOJO BACK

glass

PLEASE ABANDON THE RACE TO THE BOTTOM AND GO BACK TO MAKING MITER SAWS OF THE QUALITY OF MY 2 LS1211'S. JUST BECAUSE ITS ASSEMBLED IN USA MEANS NOTHING IF THE PARTS ARE MADE IN CHINA.

CURRENT LS1216L HAS GREAT CAPACITY BUT SILLY DOUBLE SLIDING FENCES MUSHING STOP AT ZERO BEVEL AND LESS POWER THAN OLDER MODELS AND STILL CANNOT BEVEL PAST 45. MY LS1211'S ARE SOME OF THE BEST MITER SAWS EVER MADE. FORGET ABOUT A $600 PRICE POINT MAKE A $800 SAW WITH A GREAT BLADE AND BLOW THAT CRAP FROM FESTOOL AWAY. I LOVE MY LS0714 THE CURRENT 8 1/2" SLIDER SORRY TO SAY IS GARBAGE. DO NOT FOLLOW HITACHI TO RUIN.

Hmmm there was this really big 22 inch mitre saw comparizon on toolboxbuzz i believen some weeks ago.

They were impressed by the ls1216. Found it one of the most powerfull 12 inchers around because of its direct drive motor and you complain about its power?

The bevel settings all have very positive stops without any wiggle. Just tried it out myself.

And the ls08... Was never ever designed as a replacement for the ls0714 you mentioned. The ls0714 is a professional very good machine.

The ls08.. That came out recently was designed on price and is not meant for the Carpenter/tradie.

You just need to accept that tools are made on different price points for different people. Brands need to diversify their lineup to get into other brackets of the market.

The ls0714 is still available if you want a kick ass small little saw.

If price is your main point: get the cheaper ls08...

Hmmm there was this really big 22 inch mitre saw comparizon on toolboxbuzz i believen some weeks ago.

Okay, just looked, didn't see it at Tool Box Buzz. Somebody else, or did I just not go back far enough?

Frankly most of those reviews are too limited and are really like paid ads. Ls0714 is no longer sold in USA. Do some research the ls1216 and ls1016 have suffered from blade wobble poor fence design miter lock not holding up mushy zero bevel stop and less power as the head shakes when cutting heavier material.

Frankly most of those reviews are too limited and are really like paid ads. Ls0714 is no longer sold in USA. Do some research the ls1216 and ls1016 have suffered from blade wobble poor fence design miter lock not holding up mushy zero bevel stop and less power as the head shakes when cutting heavier material.

I had all the same gripes with my ls1016. Didn't have too much of a complaint about the power though. Thought that was decent but it might be different between the 10 and 12" saws.

I eventually ditched it and went with the kapex because I was just too sick of it never doing what it was supposed to do.

Look at the ls1018. They seemed to have simplified it a bit ditching a lot of the features of the 1016 that didn't work well.

For every mitre saw/power tool you can find bad reviews. Thats the thing about people and internet. People are more likely to spew negatieve comments then say some thing positieve of course :)

Not having the ls0714 anymore is top bzd. That was a decent compact saw. The newer ls08.. Cannot compared to that one nor was it meant to.

Its of course easy to dismiss positieve reviews/ comparisons as ' paid adds' and then talk about ' do research online and you find negatieve reviews and problems'

Thats abit thesame thing aint it ?

I have sold the ls1216 alot in the last 5 years and havent had issues with it. Only happy customers really.

Wel no tool had to be perfect for everyone of course. There is always Bosch or dewalt who also make very good mitre saws !

Sorry my tool suppliers (local) stopped selling the makita for awhile because of all the issues. Like I said dig deeper these saws have some serious issues. The fences have all been changed redesigned by Makita along with the upper slide. They need to eliminate the double sliding fences. The bevel pin that sets the 22.5 and 33.9 jams often and bends, don't believe me call a Makita service center. My made in 1995 ls1211 has zero flex gobs of power no blade deflection is compact weighed 51 lbs and is simple and made to last.

Sorry my tool suppliers (local) stopped selling the makita for awhile because of all the issues. Like I said dig deeper these saws have some serious issues. The fences have all been changed redesigned by Makita along with the upper slide. They need to eliminate the double sliding fences. The bevel pin that sets the 22.5 and 33.9 jams often and bends, don't believe me call a Makita service center. My made in 1995 ls1211 has zero flex gobs of power no blade deflection is compact weighed 51 lbs and is simple and made to last.

It could be that some of the problems were a first run thing. I had one of the first saws. When it was first released and my local store got their shipment I picked it up that day. My bevel stop at zero was very squishy and the saw constantly came out of alignment. Also the rails weren't parallel to the blade causing the blade to pull away from the cut line during a slide cut. I was unaware of a lot of these issues when I first got it because it was still so much better than my old saw and I assumed the saw was good and my inexperience at the time was causing some of the errors I was seeing. A while later I realized it was the saw and not me but I was already stuck with the saw. Used it for a while constantly adjusting it and fighting with it then finally gave up and went kapex..

That 5 piece fence they have is the dumbest thing I have ever seen on a saw!!

Wel no tool had to be perfect for everyone of course. There is always Bosch or dewalt who also make very good mitre saws !

Plus for the carpenter looking to fit an extra workout into his day, Milwaukee has a 65lb boat anchor of a mitre (as if mitres weren't heavy enough to begin with) lol. DWS780 seems to be the most common I see.