Let's talk about hardware first. What's your tool?

99_XC600

Figure I would kick this off. What's everyone's tool of choice for grilling?

I'm using a Weber Spirit E-310 and I love it. Great construction and awesome results. After about 10 years of dealing with inferior grills, I finally made the decision to buy a Weber and couldn't be happier.

10290166_10203854637916029_6757590748911

1972390_10203854679917079_20931114916785

I have my Weber Genesis Silver for almost 11 years now, it never lets me down

I haven't been able to keep a grill for more then 5 years and I take pretty good care of them. Guess it's time to spring for a weber next time!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I haven't been able to keep a grill for more then 5 years and I take pretty good care of them. Guess it's time to spring for a weber next time!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

If the fire bowl and burner supports are made of sheet metal,. Walk away. You want cast aluminum for everything.

I've been using my little 14" Ol' Smokey for 4 or 5 years now. It's so small because, when I got it, the wife was on a vegetarian kick so I was only cooking for me. Use it probably once a week during the spring, summer, and fall. I've liked it so much that, if/when it has to be replaced, I'll probably get another...just the next size bigger.

Forum newb here thought I'd share my grill setup. Homemade by a neighbor at least 15 years ago.

85fe0ac5-d7f2-4a31-a430-e8a5ea353f45.jpg

Original grate was replaced with a ceramic coated one smaller than I needed held up by a brick on the loose corner. I can still get 12 burgers on it ;) And if times get real bad I can probably make a fine soup by boiling the brick. ;)

The favored item is a toss up between ribeyes and chicken, its all in the rub for the steak and the brine for the chicken.

Started making some grilling tools too. Made this for a friend.

fork1.jpg

I have a small shop and like to work in wood and steel.

• 2 weeks later...