12v line any new tools coming?

rrich1

I am currently looking to get a few 12v tools. My cordless right now are all Bosch. Obviously the 12v line will use different batteries but I like to be consistent. [emoji16] Does Bosch have any new 12v tools planned like Milwaukee does for theirs? Like an air ratchet, optical scopes, or ? My main thing I am wanting is a multi tool right now for small diy jobs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't know about what they have planned but im also in the market for a new 12v and im torn between Milwaukee or bosch. I have the ridgid 12v's but im not 100% about them, im even considering looking for a 12v slide battery like the dewalt or even the new makitas... just for the less bulky handle.

Less bulky handle is nice but I am not considering them because I want the overall feel of the tool to be smaller. With the slide battery its almost as if I have a compact 18v in my hand. And I might as well use the 18v at that point.

Less bulky handle is nice but I am not considering them because I want the overall feel of the tool to be smaller. With the slide battery its almost as if I have a compact 18v in my hand. And I might as well use the 18v at that point.

the smaller overall feel is why i love my m12 tools. i don't even use the XC battery just because at that point is really does start to feel like a smaller 18v, although it is nice the the drills can stand with those batteries. i absolutely love my m12 line. i have a number of different m18's as well, but i only use them for bigger jobs (i'm just a diy guy).

i have the 2426 multitool. the various speed settings are nice, but i will say that it doesnt really feel all that powerful. could be that some of my attachments have worn down. i often feel like i can't control it too well, either. i've never tried the bosch lineup so i cant give you a comparison. if the tool you really want is the multitool, based on my experience with the tool, i would definitely try to get my hands on the bosch and feel it out because this could be the one m12 tool that i'm not completely gaga over. the rest of the lineup? LOVE IT. especially the drill/driver, impact, and jigsaw.

the smaller overall feel is why i love my m12 tools. i don't even use the XC battery just because at that point is really does start to feel like a smaller 18v, although it is nice the the drills can stand with those batteries. i absolutely love my m12 line. i have a number of different m18's as well, but i only use them for bigger jobs (i'm just a diy guy).

i have the 2426 multitool. the various speed settings are nice, but i will say that it doesnt really feel all that powerful. could be that some of my attachments have worn down. i often feel like i can't control it too well, either. i've never tried the bosch lineup so i cant give you a comparison. if the tool you really want is the multitool, based on my experience with the tool, i would definitely try to get my hands on the bosch and feel it out because this could be the one m12 tool that i'm not completely gaga over. the rest of the lineup? LOVE IT. especially the drill/driver, impact, and jigsaw.

Thanks for the response. I'd try a different blade company to see if that helps. What brand are you using now?

I was at HD today and they still have the deal where you purchase 2 bare m12 tools and get a free battery and charger which is kinda nice. I love my lboxx's though and Bosch has a good deal for 2 12v batteries with a charger and lboxx for 70. That's the same price as two batteries from Milwaukee

I think the only new thing they are going to add to the North American market is the 12v jigsaw this year. I will say I'm shocked Bosch still lacks an 12v brushless impact driver.

Have they released the 12v jigsaw yet? I could have sworn Dan said somewhere that it should be out by now but I haven't been able to find them.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response. I'd try a different blade company to see if that helps. What brand are you using now?

I was at HD today and they still have the deal where you purchase 2 bare m12 tools and get a free battery and charger which is kinda nice. I love my lboxx's though and Bosch has a good deal for 2 12v batteries with a charger and lboxx for 70. That's the same price as two batteries from Milwaukee

i've got the standard milwaukee attachments that came with it. admittedly i need to toss out the blades as they are pretty dull now, but even new i found it tough to control for precision cuts. of course at that time it was a completely new tool to me, too, so maybe that had something to do with it.

those l-boxx's are awesome. definitely my favorite side feature of bosch. it doesnt affect the performance of the tool, but sure does make the ownership experience nicer.

Have they released the 12v jigsaw yet? I could have sworn Dan said somewhere that it should be out by now but I haven't been able to find them.

I think they gonna release it sometime this year. We could see it on World of Concrete so it gonna be out soon.

Price was $119 or so for the bare tool if i'm correct.

• 1 month later...

The new Bosch 12v JS120BN Jigsaw is listed on the the Bosch NA website as a new available tool. The jigsaw is listed on Amazon again, prime shipping, at the $119 price point, but says usually ships in 3-5 weeks. It must be a Mid to Late October official release date.

Anyway, its good to know this will be availabe for purchase soon!

or maybe they are just late with the delivery :D

not to bad of a price. it would be nice to see it as a kit. lboxx1, 2 batteries and a charger....but that will come too, just a matter of time

and amazon has a promo going on:

This Item Is Included in Our Free Bosch 12V Starter Kit Promotion
From September 1, 2015, through October 31, 2015, when you purchase two select Bosch 12V bare tools, you can get a free Bosch 12V starter kit when all items are shipped and sold by Amazon.com. All products must be added to cart. Discount automatically applied at checkout. 

not quite sure if i should pull the trigger for that deal or save the money and get the bluetooth powerbox (PB360C)

I'm on the fence too. I just really don't think I would use the Bluetooth enough to justify the cost though.

I don't use the tool brand radios as they always seem to be sub par in sound quality. I currently use a UE MegaBoom bluetooth speaker (15+ hr battery life on high volume, drop/dust/water proof, 100ft bluetooth range, usually mounted to my Joby flexable tripod). If I need to charge it I have the USB adapter for my DeWalt 20v batters which also charge my phone.

That jigsaw is awesome. I bought one from across the pond over a year ago. Great size. Very comfortable in your hand. Enough power for what you use a cordless jig saw for. I put on a Collins coping foot on mine and it is dreamy for coping baseboard and crown.