Dan's official garage thread....

RickyMcGrath

Dan can you put the measurements for your garage on here so I can draw it up in Microstation. If I can figure out how to attach it here I will post the drawing so some of the guys can use it to make a sketchup.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

22w x 19d

Dan is using the small festool vacuum right? could he have mounted over the bench some how? I think it would be easier for routing hoses.

Perfect reason for the thread and posting ideas to streamline the process. He does have the Festool Vac. That is currently on his CNC table which will eventually be moved to the garage... If he ever sells that golf cart.

You guys are awesome! The crew is the best! Ill probably use a Dewalt Hepa vac for dust collection. The Festiool is the Mini CT and I want to take to jobs with me. What else do you guys need?

My work bench plan above is scaled for a DeWalt vacuum to fit in the middle section.

Dan I would do the electrical work for free even include the materials most of it is in the truck already. I think you would need at least a 60 amp sub panel in the garage and branch out with a few 20 amp circuits. I really appreciate everything you guys do for the crew and if you lived closer I would be there in a heartbeat.        

• Like 1

I think it would be a good idea to move the toolboxes off the walls and put them in the middle of the garage have them back to back in a line. Than you can have all that space to make a workbeach and hang up the tools on the walls

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think any design would need to take into account the fact they still will be filming TIA in the garage. That may have some bearing on where you can move the big tool chests especially with the golf cart still there or the X carve some day.

I think any design would need to take into account the fact they still will be filming TIA in the garage. That may have some bearing on where you can move the big tool chests especially with the golf cart still there or the X carve some day.

The thing is that Dan isn't using the middle of the garage right now because its full of junk..lol So if the tool chest are there he can still manage to do everything, but that dang golf cart has to go. The more wall space the more possibilities it seems like wasted space having the tool chests on the walls  

I think the design need to incorporate the fact that even though it's a garage, it also needs to serve it's purpose as a studio.

I think everyone would agree that Dan has given up on the possibility of parking any vehicles in there, so with that being said, I would take advantage of the floor space and build a large island/bench/display area right in the center.of the garage. Fill it with shelves and it could then be used to hold all of the blow mold cases and other items. New product could be held and staged as there as well.

You could then mount some holding devices or vises to the bench which would aid in holding material for demonstration and the long waited return of tool fights.

I think the design need to incorporate the fact that even though it's a garage, it also needs to serve it's purpose as a studio.

I think everyone would agree that Dan has given up on the possibility of parking any vehicles in there, so with that being said, I would take advantage of the floor space and build a large island/bench/display area right in the center.of the garage. Fill it with shelves and it could then be used to hold all of the blow mold cases and other items. New product could be held and staged as there as well.

You could then mount some holding devices or vises to the bench which would aid in holding material for demonstration and the long waited return of tool fights.

That might be hard to take with him when he moves, I was saying the same thing to use the middle of the garage  

That might be hard to take with him when he moves, I was saying the same thing to use the middle of the garage  

If it's built right, he should be able to take it apart in a couple of sections and load it up and take it with him.

• Like 1