What did you do today? A thread dedicated to the general use of tools in your projects.

99_XC600

3 hours ago, Bigmikez said:

Finally had some time to put this up today ? I gotta say I like it but the clamps we're kinda of a pain in the ass to get tightened other than that really cool for my tough boxes I'm also thinking about maybe selling one or two of my boxes to get the tough boxes with the drawers for easier access 

image.jpg

Would love to have those in my garage.  Looks like a great space saver where you can actually find your tools when you need them.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bigmikez said:

Finally had some time to put this up today ? I gotta say I like it but the clamps we're kinda of a pain in the ass to get tightened other than that really cool for my tough boxes I'm also thinking about maybe selling one or two of my boxes to get the tough boxes with the drawers for easier access 

image.jpg

Looks great Big Mike, is there anyway to lock your boxes to that system? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

Looks great Big Mike, is there anyway to lock your boxes to that system? 

Thanks Mikey! No there's no locking system would've been nice to have unless I just didn't notice lol I was kinda in a rush cus wifey had plans for us to go out today....when I get back home tonight I will double check 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bigmikez said:

image.jpg

Awesome Mike! Looks fantastic! I'd love to see those drawer units in person. I only have the small box and that houses my only Milwaukee power tool....a Sawzall. The drawer units would be really cool in your shop!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Awesome Mike! Looks fantastic! I'd love to see those drawer units in person. I only have the small box and that houses my only Milwaukee power tool....a Sawzall. The drawer units would be really cool in your shop!

Thanks bro!! Same here I haven't seen a drawer unit in person but I really think that they would work great with this wall system, I'm gonna have some vaca coming soon and I'm really hoping to get my shop back in shape. This rack system really loosened up some space under my work bench

• Like 2

Just now, Bigmikez said:

Thanks bro!! Same here I haven't seen a drawer unit in person but I really think that they would work great with this wall system, I'm gonna have some vaca coming soon and I'm really hoping to get my shop back in shape. This rack system really loosened up some space under my work bench

That's cool dude, I am home for about a week and half more on FMLA and will start framing out mine hopefully tomorrow or Monday. Having the systainers in my shop is wonderful especially the drawer units. I have several boxes (30+) but the drawer units make them more practical for me whereas my tools stay stationary. I wish Festool or Tanos made a wall mount unit like these. They look awesome.

• Like 3

Would love to have those in my garage.  Looks like a great space saver where you can actually find your tools when you need them.

I'm dying for one of these bad boys!d92aaef659a14000824d70cf880bb6bd.jpg

But the wall rack is an awesome idea! I wish the ridgid system that I've just bought into would have something like that. Though I do keep all my small parts/fasteners/ in the Milwaukee organizers, so that's why I would really like a cabinet like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, NicolasRamos said:

I'm dying for one of these bad boys!d92aaef659a14000824d70cf880bb6bd.jpg

But the wall rack is an awesome idea! I wish the ridgid system that I've just bought into would have something like that. Though I do keep all my small parts/fasteners/ in the Milwaukee organizers, so that's why I would really like a cabinet like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's pretty badass right there! Did comp make those?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Bigmikez said:

That's pretty badass right there! Did comp make those?

haha no but I easily could, only problem I would have with that is I would almost %100 of the time pull out everyone until I found the one I need. I would have to have labels on each one.

• Like 3

Early this morning I did a welding repair using a Lincoln vantage 500 engine drive welder. It was truly one of the worst engine drives I've ever welded with. In all fairness I must say I love the vantage series. There great welders but there not bullet proof. Like any tool they have a lifespan even with proper maintence. The owner even commented it's seen better days. They have a good engine drive but it was two small for specific job. 

Used a whole bunch of other tools as well. I really hate using other people's tools but this was just a sidejob helping out a friend. 

• Like 1

Ok so first off, I finally finished up this plaque I have been working on. Made from cherry and joined together with biscuits. Just have to put a couple coats of poly on it and it'll be good to go. Second I made this miter/table saw station. I made it so that the height of the table saw table is level with the miter saw. I can also use the fence of the table saw as a stop block on the miter saw. If I have to rip something wide on the table saw, I can just life off the miter saw and be good to go. I like how the fence of the DeWalt table saw is removable so I can cut really long pieces on the miter. Just have to run to Harbor Freight to grab some casters and it'll be finished! Put my brand new DCD791 drill and Kreg pocket hole jig to some good use tonight!

IMG_4058.JPG

IMG_4059.JPG

IMG_4060.JPG

• Like 5

Today I had a chance to use my Dewalt 611 router to round over some Flame Birch (aka Curly or Figured Birch) and some Olivewood that are destined to be cheeseboards. There's more work to be done to them but my sander isn't here yet.

ab405f388fb54de0914490b414307e46.jpg

I need to use it more and figure out the best speed for different woods, it's probably going to end up in a router table in the future since I mainly use it for round overs. Also figured out that the Milwaukee M18 Compact Blower is good for blowing away copious amounts of sawdust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2