What did you do today? A thread dedicated to the general use of tools in your projects.

99_XC600

Dude, normally I don't complain about work but it's been a real be-hotch for a while now. Gotta love the budget minded. Do more with less. Then do more. Then.....let's change benefits. Yeah.....now.....do more with less......FOR LESS!

The beauty of doing more with less is that it eventually becomes the norm and then they cut back even more. I can't hire new engineers and the ones I have left are so over worked I'm afraid that they are gonna leave.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thats a close call man would be a shame to lose that

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I know. What's crazy is that I only paid 20 bucks for it when it had only driven about 30 or 40 screws. No way I get one for that kind of deal again!

20 bucks thats crazy how did you manage that

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

A guy I went to church with got a new job offer overseas and they sold everything they had before they moved. They were selling stuff crazy cheap and he had just bought the gun so I jumped on it. He said he wanted 20 bucks and wouldn't take anymore for it. They then turned around and donated half of everything they got to our church. They were really neat people. He was a mechanical engineer and liked to tinker. Had a lot of cool stuff. They ended up moving back with a new job. Unfortunately he was killed in a car wreck around Christmas. It's a Damn shame too, he was probably one of the most humble and smartest people I have ever had the chance to work around.

Machine of the day was a Lincoln flextec 650 with a LF74 wire feeder. Millwakee electric grinder. I was also using my miller digital elite welding helmet with a pair of new miller gloves. Lastly I had a miller fume extractor going.

Job today was pretty much welding up guards for a oil Derrick. Monday all parts were cut using a hypertherm powermax an a clausing horizontal bandsaw. Material was mainly expanded metal an angle with a little bit of flat stock. Hopefully by end of day tomorrow all 58 guards will be done. Some guards are just small boxes some are pretty big.

Machine of the day was a Lincoln flextec 650 with a LF74 wire feeder. Millwakee electric grinder. I was also using my miller digital elite welding helmet with a pair of new miller gloves. Lastly I had a miller fume extractor going.

Job today was pretty much welding up guards for a oil Derrick. Monday all parts were cut using a hypertherm powermax an a clausing horizontal bandsaw. Material was mainly expanded metal an angle with a little bit of flat stock. Hopefully by end of day tomorrow all 58 guards will be done. Some guards are just small boxes some are pretty big.

What hypertherm power max do you have

Started a big project on the backyard today. The yard slopes down approximately 2' in a little over 28' on length. You can see the drop if you look at the foundation of the garage. Were going to be filling it in and leveling everything off. Ultimatley putting a new vinyl fence around the perimeter and a pool. Today we did a lot of destruction by removing a bunch of bushes along the old fence. Taking the fence down and then taking the playscape down and storing it behind the garage.

Tools used.

Jeep Liberty

Bunch of Chains

Shovel

Loppers

Impact gun

Pry bar

Dead Blow Hammer (BFH)

2 Place Snowmobile Trailer 

I'm beat and ready to go to bed. :)

11891054_10200862963213007_7331796534022

11060913_10200862963173006_7768075239384

11243913_10200863063975526_1998630701715

11904630_10200863063535515_7169029552245

11900018_10200863063695519_6071236701722

I'm on vacation next week and I'll be spending a couple of days building the retaining wall and then back filling everything in. Pic's of that to follow.

Started the day by building a security cage for a ac unit on a construction trailer. Main tools used were a miller trailblazer, hypertherm powermax 65, roll air air compreser, metabo chop saw, and millwakee angle grinders.

Then finished the day trimming some small branches with a millwakee fuel sawzall.

Lost about 5 pounds in water weight with Day 2 of the retaining wall build. If anyone is wondering about the tank on the right hand side. It's an old galvanized water heater that someone filled with concrete (Previous Owner) and it weighs about 800 pounds. So it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

851C9114-4776-4D8F-B9CB-7A41B97ACB9D_zps

E63E8A21-2FC3-45EA-9414-4F47992EED45_zps