Tools of my day today

torontotoolman

Nice! Two questions for ya:

Have you tried the fuel sawzall? If so, how does it compare to corded?

How would you compare the Makita BL to the other big brands?

(I assume these are your personal tools)

I never used the fuel sawzall but iv heard it keeps up great with the cordes brothers with power

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

There's a hole in the wall.lol What's the plan demo and then build a new garage? Is that Makita brushless worth the extra cost over there other brushless impacts?

Ya im demoing the whole garage and the gonna fence it in and lay some grass down the build a shed the garage takes up to much space and dont need it its old... and the makita impact is one of the best impacts tough and powerful i love it i persoally havnt use any other brushless impacts but i know lots of guys who have and the makita takes the cake

That's weird that they used the garage as part of the fence, Is that normal were you live?

This is my moms house and we basically used the fence boards to cover up the side of the garage because it looked like shit and we were having my baby shower for my wife here and it matched it with the fence so it blended in but ya the garage is old soo time to tare it down

Nice dude, way to conqour the garage with these tools. I really like your badass Milwaukee corded sawzall, I am guess that thing has about 10-amps of raw cutting power, HAHA :D And don't ask me why but that Makita looks more cute then anything else lol

The milwaukee is 12-amps and there is nothing cute about that makita cant beat makitas bl motor more power in that bad boy then pretty much every other impact on the market

• Like 1

Nice dude, way to conqour the garage with these tools. I really like your badass Milwaukee corded sawzall, I am guess that thing has about 10-amps of raw cutting power, HAHA :D And don't ask me why but that Makita looks more cute then anything else lol

Looking Cute AND kicking M18 Fuel impact Ass at thesame time ;)

Just Jesting Proto ! :D

• Like 2

Technically the M18 Fuel impact still has more power. I am envious of the Makita's cute size though :P. On the drill side of things, the ball will be back in Makita's court in the fall when I get a 2704 in my hands haha. Then the never ending game of one-up will continue. Speaking of one-up, isn't it Team Yellow's turn to be best-in-class yet? Come on Dewalt!

• Like 1

Technically the M18 Fuel impact still has more power. I am envious of the Makita's cute size though :P. On the drill side of things, the ball will be back in Makita's court in the fall when I get a 2704 in my hands haha. Then the never ending game of one-up will continue. Speaking of one-up, isn't it Team Yellow's turn to be best-in-class yet? Come on Dewalt!

True !

BUT in 99 % of all impact driver use the impacts per minute or rpm's are more important then the torque really.  You will never notice that 5 newtons more of torque.  those few extra hundred of rpm really make this the best impact out there at the moment =p

True !

BUT in 99 % of all impact driver use the impacts per minute or rpm's are more important then the torque really.  You will never notice that 5 newtons more of torque.  those few extra hundred of rpm really make this the best impact out there at the moment =p

Touché haha. I would like to see Bosch come out and really wow us as well!

True !

It also depends on the energy behind the impact.  Most impact bits have that flex region to reduce the torque so you don't break bits and screws by distributing the energy.  If the improvement with milwaukee impact drivers is really just about that new anvil shape they showed, it's likely the increased torque will only contribute to breaking bits and screws.  Look at Makita's soft impact driver; only 355in-lbs of torque and it still drives screws almost as fast as their normal brushless.

Yeah thats a hard thing for me to understand. It hzs low torque specification but it pretty much does everything our regular impacts do. A tad slower perhaps :)

The simplest explanation is to think about how long the torque is applied.  This depends primarily on the hammer and anvil setup.  A short pulse of high torque will do about the same as a longer pulse of lower torque.

The soft impact is slower because the special impact mechanism has more friction, plus it's designed for lighter interior work where noise matters more and you want a less powerful impact for smaller screws.