X carve

chadlanthier

So I bit the bullet and order the fully loaded x carve., which is the larger one. I also ordered dewalts 611 router to go with it. The only thing I'm worried about is my laptop, it's older. Looks I'm going to have to up date Adobe and Internet explorer. So I got a few new toys coming. There goes my tool budget for the next couple of years. I'll post pictures when they arrive.

So I bit the bullet and order the fully loaded x carve., which is the larger one. I also ordered dewalts 611 router to go with it. The only thing I'm worried about is my laptop, it's older. Looks I'm going to have to up date Adobe and Internet explorer. So I got a few new toys coming. There goes my tool budget for the next couple of years. I'll post pictures when they arrive.

. Chad congrats man that's awesome bro!!!

• 4 weeks later...

It arrived 2 weeks early. I'm assembling it slowly, even still I had a few mix up. Nothing that can't be fixed. Was missing and had a few damaged parts, still waiting for those. I have not messed with the computer end yet, other than installing v carve pro and universal g code sender.so far nothing to hard, just slow going. I think shipping is out ragious, I've paid less for larger items. Shipping was over $200.

It arrived 2 weeks early. I'm assembling it slowly, even still I had a few mix up. Nothing that can't be fixed. Was missing and had a few damaged parts, still waiting for those. I have not messed with the computer end yet, other than installing v carve pro and universal g code sender.so far nothing to hard, just slow going. I think shipping is out ragious, I've paid less for larger items. Shipping was over $200.

I been hearing this more and more, that folks are receiving their machines with defect and/or missing parts.  I been doing a lot of research on other machines, and I don't think I will be buying an x-carve, but another brand instead.  There are some excellent discussions on the router forums.

-Steven

While parts R missing and defective, customer service is awesome. Parts usually arrive in a couple of days. Some parts were damaged in shipping. 2 problems I had were paint was peeling off a part and one of holes was drilled to wrong size. Not a big deal. And if u think your not going to have trouble with other parts, guess again. Or prepare to fork out at least another grand.