Pocket door install today

jbw55

good job - i was thinking about getting one too but for my guest bathroom

Thanks.....they have quite a few to pick from, choices from 5 or 6 different woods or primered ready for paint.

Just a heads up, take a sanding block (fine) and give it a quick sand then re-prime with some good primer.....the primer used on most pre-prime doors is not all that good, all in all happy with the door.

+1 on that door choice!!

Jus did one 2 days ago myself..but boring standard panel door for closet lol

I totally agree with pre primed anything is of lack luster quality but I've had great outcomes from a very very light sand and good thick coat of high qaulity paint..mostly valspar or sherwin

I was jus warn of wiping any pre primed piece too much w a sponge or wet rag..will wipe primer right off:(..learned that the hard way lol

• 2 weeks later...

Installed the base board and casings yesterday, also decided last minute to replace the left side jamb on the pocket door, it was beat up......today I painted the trim work, tomorrow will swap out the receptacles and switches then move the furniture back in.

post-51163-0-65741900-1439511920_thumb.j

post-51163-0-81277500-1439511935_thumb.j

post-51163-0-20318700-1439511950_thumb.j

Installed the base board and casings yesterday, also decided last minute to replace the left side jamb on the pocket door, it was beat up......today I painted the trim work, tomorrow will swap out the receptacles and switches then move the furniture back in.

Sweet!!! Looks really good, make sure you put in tamper resistant outlets its code and doesn't cost that much more 

• 2 weeks later...