Tires

WeldfabNeil

well guys, Ime close to needing some new tires. I was wondering if anyone has input on a what to go with or stay away from. Nothing I will be buying today but within the next month.

There going on my 2008 Chevy Silverado 3500 hd 4x4 srw. Tire size is Lt265/70r17/e. It's my daily driver, work, snowplow an used occasionaly for towing.

Ime open to anything really. Currently I've been looking at the good year wrangler duratrac.

Any suggestion?

It's hard to go wrong with Michelin. I had set of Nitto Cross-Tek on my truck and was impressed with ride and wear I got out of them. 50,000 miles out of a all terrain tire I thought was pretty good.

It really depends on the driver to get the most out of there tires, if you drive by slamming on the brakes and stepping on the gas you're not going to get a lot of miles out of them 

• Like 1

It really depends on the driver to get the most out of there tires, if you drive by slamming on the brakes and stepping on the gas you're not going to get a lot of miles out of them

Getting your truck aligned helps too. I would recommend you do that when you get your tires to maximize the life.

Getting your truck aligned helps too. I would recommend you do that when you get your tires to maximize the life.

Yup and make sure you get them balanced as well, I hear people saying you don't need to balance new tires. They say the rubber is even all the way around, I just smile and walk away idiots..lol

Thanks for input guys. It's all well apreaciated.

I don't drive like a maniac but don't drive like a 80 year old man. I do keep a lot of weight in the back of my truck with my welder an all other tools that stay in back, then front weight of a snowplow at times. Ime sure my suspension loves me.

I already planned on alignment an always balance tires..

Your gut is right.. seriously go with the goodyear wrangler duratrac.. I have them on my truck. Been on there for about a year and have been through the snow and ice with them on.

They look great, they are not loud like other aggressive tires, handle excellent in the snow ice. I also tow around a 6000lb trailer fairly often and it's all good

Best truck tires I have ever owned by far, I'm pretty sure they are the only tires I will put on my trucks ever

they make buying tires tricky like computers or anything that they offer 500 different models. ask around at different tire shops for new take off's.....I picked up a set of 4 with aluminum rims that had about 8 miles on them for $600

• Like 1

I run the same size in a 10-ply on my truck. I have been going with the BF Goodrich rugged trail and been getting great mileage out of them. I got almost 70k out of the first set which really surprised me so I went back with them when I replaced them. I am really particular about keeping them inflated correctly and rotating them, but I pull a gooseneck around the farm and also drive it to work so they see a lot of different uses too.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Have a GMC 2500HD 4x4 and run BF Goodrich.....they have been an awesome tire and have held up great. I had the Bridgestones on prior and they were a nice tire also but didn't get the miles out of them. The Bridgstone's are a smidge quiter and a bit better ride but the milage sort of sucked. The BFG that are currently on my truck have about 40K miles and they look they could go another 40K.....

I am that guy so the must be better tires than I thought.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually decided to go with a a good year wrangler mt/r with Kevlar. It's a more aggressive tire then I originally mentioned. I gave a lot of thought an decided to go with it thoe.

I was working on some fence lines today, no problem getting through the pastures. At the same time it handles great on the roads. A little noisy but that's fine. It's only been a few weeks so to soon to tell about tread life. I know I won't get the same mileage as if I went with a more conventional tire but I wanted one that performs well. I am also hoping she holds well in the snow.

Only negative is there price, they weren't cheap.