HD Clearance

RickyMcGrath

I've been spending a little too much time over on another forum learning about HD clearance. I wanted to bring that knowledge over here to TIA and share the smoking deals with my TIA brothers (and sisters). In short, there is a methodology to potentially scoring big at HD. I will share the details later after I have time to do a detailed write up but I wanted to get the thread started for those that may be aware and can chime in.

Here's some peaks at what we are finding.

9258297c27616d5bf5d1881ac65a5e78.jpg

4558efca8e984d5aa35bb8348b0888ca.jpg

1cce2fca7fee8f684233a3eb3d307c5b.jpg

• Like 2

Some of Those guys over there are a$$ wagons. I've learned enough to share with TIA and not deal with that crap.

I agree...that is main reason I came over to T.I.A. To get my fix...leave the drama for your momma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop this madness...lol I'm sure I will never find this stuff in my stores :/

It is there just not in plain sight....a little work and you can score big! [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Stop this madness...lol I'm sure I will never find this stuff in my stores :/

You need a cherry popper deal. I looked for a few weeks and found nothing. Now I don't look and find at least SOMETHING. today I was in the seasonal section and found two boxes of nails that rang up $0.01. They didn't want to sell them to me so they let me have them.... FOR FREE.

Last time I was on the computer searching for deals, one of the employees was just watching over my shoulder the whole time. I didn't realize until I was done..

He started asking questions like, "are you a vendor?" And "how do you know how to do that?"

It was a little awkward for sure! I wish there was a way to search store specifics over wifi on my phone.

The holy-cow deals are hard to find for casual shoppers.  There are people out there that turn a good profit running down deeply discounted items and selling them online or craigslist.  There have been situations where people have carts full of penny deals which to me suggests there is either a shady customer hiding product in the store until the price drops or a coordinated effort between an employee and the customer.  

Either way, it isn't easy.  Good luck.

It's A LOT of work. If you put it into a time/savings ratio, it's better for some to pay retail prices or buy online. Years ago, I started to put a value on my time and I am up to $65 an hour for personal time since I got married and have two small children. So if I am not making or saving at least that, it's not worth it to me.

The holy-cow deals are hard to find for casual shoppers.  There are people out there that turn a good profit running down deeply discounted items and selling them online or craigslist.  There have been situations where people have carts full of penny deals which to me suggests there is either a shady customer hiding product in the store until the price drops or a coordinated effort between an employee and the customer.  

Either way, it isn't easy.  Good luck.

I agree it's a lot of work. Here in NC the stores are usually picked clean. I have found a few good deals but it takes 2-3hours of looking around the store. You also have to go 3-4 times a week if you want to find the good mark downs.

It's A LOT of work. If you put it into a time/savings ratio, it's better for some to pay retail prices or buy online. Years ago, I started to put a value on my time and I am up to $65 an hour for personal time since I got married and have two small children. So if I am not making or saving at least that, it's not worth it to me.

That's a good point.

Yea, the deals are hard to find most of the time now with the deal sites and resellers, but you do find the occasional unicorn. All I do now is if I go to HD I will give the computers a quick check. it takes only a few minutes .

The people that are really into deal shopping have to be retired because they treat it like a full time job. HD seems to have the better deals compared to lowes though. Lowes had had crap this year so far.

From what I gather, prices ending in .06 are the first level of clearance pricing at HD. The price remains at that level for a period of time (some say 6 weeks, but I have seen indications to the contrary) And then it drops to a lower "final clearance" price ending in .03. After the final clearance, the price drops to a penny at which time it is supposed to be pulled from the shelves. Items don't always get pulled, which is why people get penny items.

I have never scored a penny item, but I did get a sweet Makita X2 circular saw for $58.03 that was originally $229.00.

From what I gather, prices ending in .06 are the first level of clearance pricing at HD. The price remains at that level for a period of time (some say 6 weeks, but I have seen indications to the contrary) And then it drops to a lower "final clearance" price ending in .03. After the final clearance, the price drops to a penny at which time it is supposed to be pulled from the shelves. Items don't always get pulled, which is why people get penny items.

I have never scored a penny item, but I did get a sweet Makita X2 circular saw for $58.03 that was originally $229.00.

Is that strictly for their tool inventory or is that storewide?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk