HD Clearance

RickyMcGrath

I think penny deals show up as inactive not under clearance. It's hit or miss if the store will sell you the penny item or just give it you you for free. From what I have read getting caught selling penny items looks bad for the store as it shows bad inventory control.

I heard from a source HD will be going more Yellow come next summer[emoji1]

I heard that HD will be transitioning from DeWalt and that DeWalt will begin to fill the shelves at Lowes but then a Lowes manager told me he knows nothing about that.

I've been hanging out at the local home depots looking for the bottom section of the Milwaukee tool chest. I see that 77Ford found one that is cheaper than the deal earlier this year.

The stores in my area have a clearance section where they put things they are getting rid of. I haven't seen much on the shelfs.

I did notice that the stores here just went through their yearly inventory. I wonder if the deals would have been better just before the count. I didn't get in and look around before they inventoried.

Now I'm on the lookout for DeWalt toughbox's on clearance.

I heard that HD will be transitioning from DeWalt and that DeWalt will begin to fill the shelves at Lowes but then a Lowes manager told me he knows nothing about that.

I would be surprised if Dewalt went with one big box store. They fact that you could get their tools everywhere was huge selling point. Who knows though the tool industry is full of crazyness. I will say Lowes lacks in tool brands compared to HD.

• Like 1

HD & Lowes are the decision makers. They decide who and what they carry. Bottom line is that is books down to profit. Take Kohler products for instance, Kohler makes one toilet and gives it three different model number. One to ship to the wholesale places like Ferguson and Moore Supply, one to Lowes and one to Home Depot. All to avoid price match because the model number is K-1234-0 vs K-1235-0 vs K-1236-0

• Like 1

The Home Depots in my area have Bosch laser levels and such but the cordless drills, drivers, etc have been phased out.

great point. i do see the bosch name and logo around HD, but i don't recall seeing actual power tools lately...

even still, HD has a clear advantage in tool selection over lowe's, from hand tools to power tools. if you removed the kobalt tools, the area dedicated to tools at my area stores would be drastically reduced. i don't think the same could be said for husky at HD.

Some may say going to HD multiple times a week isn't worth the deal. . But let's be honest, who here doesn't enjoy wandering around Home depot aimlessly? With or without finding good deals. I haven't seen any of these penny deals, I would be really interested in learning how to find them using hd computers. I am looking forward to that writeup.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This is a bad picture I know, my HD has the display model premium brushless 20v kit for a super awesome deal of only $276. This kit includes a charger, one 2.0ah battery that's right one battery, DCD995 hammer drill and last but not least DCF885 brushed impact driver. The heck is HD smoking?? I asked about it and they said that's the price I offered 50 bucks and got laughed at. Went back a few days later and the one battery is missing guess it got stolen, should have took my offer oh well..lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jimjs7434584
    Newest Member
    jimjs7434584