HD Clearance

RickyMcGrath

Any computer in the store.

So once you manage to get to a computer, what do you do to find the clearance deals?  Not that I've had a lot of time to poke around, but to save time, is there a specific site to launch or link to click to do the search?  I've looked on just hd.com from one of them and didn't see anything special.

I've posted before but I'll mention again. On every terminal there is a desktop that has icons. The top row of icons are labeled public. One of those icons is a price check (click). You can search for anything. There is a lot and large searches can draw a connection error. If you have a sku it is easier. So if you see something on the shelf that looks like an old clearance label, jot down the sku and search for that (or take the item to the self check register and price check).

What I typically will search for is a brand. Say ridgid. Then filter the results (click) to include clearance items (click) and return to results (click). It'll narrow down the results to clearance items.

You can skip the filters and sort by price but there are often listings for things that are out of stock.

You can also select an item and below the picture there is an indication of the number on hand. (Not always accurate, if the qty is one sometimes it is the display. Sometimes it is in the rafters). If the qty is zero you can see the qty at nearby stores on the right of the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's also been suggested that the computers "aren't for public use" and so some stores don't allow people to use them. Others stores don't care. HD could change their stance on this at any time if it becomes problematic for them.

It's also been suggested that the computers "aren't for public use" and so some stores don't allow people to use them. Others stores don't care. HD could change their stance on this at any time if it becomes problematic for them.

I've found forum posts and blogs dated back to 2008 that have all said the same thing. After 7 years and it's not a problem yet, I doubt it will be any time soon.

Home Depot pushes them as a way to look at and order special order items. It's weird though that some stores don't have them for public use. The metro Detroit area lets anyone use an obvious public assess terminal.

I've only been stopped once I think

One store, I get stopped by the same lady every time at SCO. She feeds me the same old crap, I politely ask for a manager, she says she is the manager. I ask for her manager, he comes over and clears the SCO and says "have a great day."

One store, I get stopped by the same lady every time at SCO. She feeds me the same old crap, I politely ask for a manager, she says she is the manager. I ask for her manager, he comes over and clears the SCO and says "have a great day."

Tell her your PennyRicky and your unstoppable 

• Like 1

I remember about 13-15 years ago going into the Deopt's "Tool Corral" and looking up at the upper racks and seeing tools marked as " Reconditioned" I picked up a Paslode Cordless Framer and a Paslode angled cordless nailer for 200 dollars each, still have them today...

People would buy the tools and use them for a few days then return them..good stuff...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ballen1114
    Newest Member
    Ballen1114