Smokin'

Moxy

I smoke quite a bit and cater from time to time for friends.  Here are some pics!

My Apron

post-50842-0-16894400-1438178670_thumb.j

Sweet and Spicy Ginger Smoked Chickens - Before:

post-50842-0-40232200-1438178671_thumb.j

Sweet and Spicy Ginger Smoked Chickens - After:

post-50842-0-43057000-1438178672_thumb.j

Some Necessary Refreshment...

post-50842-0-36525100-1438178673_thumb.j

Trailer Pit currently in use

post-50842-0-25558500-1438178674_thumb.j

Lots of good lookin' pork butts on the pit...

post-50842-0-33474400-1438178675_thumb.j

Smoked Hotdog with smoked pulled pork, spicy chipotle cole slaw, hot beer butter bbq sauce.  (Fresh watermelon, bbq chips, and a chocolate chip cookie.... that's a real lunch)

post-50842-0-45542500-1438178985_thumb.j

• Like 1

So thats a pork but that won't lie, with a flavor you just can't deny? :P

Nice man, I so gotta get a smoker box and put some hikory chips in there. I was told all you gotta do is wet the chips first, put them in the box, and then place them on top of the charcoal. Thats for those of us who have small weber grills without a special smoker compartment.

I hesitate to do this... the rabbit hole is real.  

Go check out bbq pit boys on youtube.  They use webber kettle grills almost exclusively and they are always cooking something good.  They smoke a lot like I do.  Just drop some chunks of wood on the hot coals and cook with indirect heat.  I'll say this - I don't watch that channel unless I have some food already.  If I don't follow my own rules, I end up making a run to the store lol.

Man, now that's what I call smokin!

Cool stuff Moxy!

My Uncle has a catering side business and one thing he is very proud of is his collection of Apron's.

For him, it's like a baseball card collection of all the partys and events that he's catered for.

Man, now that's what I call smokin!

Cool stuff Moxy!

My Uncle has a catering side business and one thing he is very proud of is his collection of Apron's.

For him, it's like a baseball card collection of all the partys and events that he's catered for.

I'm sure my wife would LOVE something else for me to collect lol.  And.... now I kind of want to. ;D

I am hungry, that looks awesome. I am going to try my first smoke tomorrow. Going to use my webber charcoal grill until I get a smoker. If weather holds up and I smoke, I will post some pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I have a feeling the people here aren't afraid of a project... You should check out ugly drum smokers or UDS's. They are cheap to make and people use them for competition smokes. They are that good. If a kit is more your style check out big pappa smokers online and his uds kits. I have a friend that just built one of these and it looks fantastic.

But until then... Those Webber kettle grills are nothing to sneeze at when it comes to smokin'. I think you will have something to smile about tomorrow when you pull your food off!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk