Need advice on which cordless drill to buy for husband

summer

I want to buy my husband a cordless drill and know which features it should have according to a Lowes buying guide: Variable speed, adjustable clutch, and a 3/8" clutch, keyless, and reversible.

However, I can't spend over $75 and it would be better if it was even cost less, but I don't want to buy him junk either. He does mostly minor home repairs, doesn't really build things much anymore (he's been retired a while now). Do you have any recommendations? It would be great if it had a little light built in too.

Hi Summer, At that price point your mostly going to be dealing with Black and Decker, Skil and Royobi However I did see this on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Hitachi-DS12DVF3-12-Volt-Ni-Cad-Cordless/dp/B0009Q4MBI/ref=sr_1_11?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1294689151&sr=1-11 it looks like a great deal. It has 2 batteries and is compact. You could get a cheaper tool but it will most likely give you problems down the road. If you could bump up your spending a few dollars you could get the i-drill 1i that includes a 5 year warranty!

Keep posting and maybe next month you could win a i-drill

Craftsman, ryobi or black and decker are all good. I never heard of I-drill. You can also cruise eBay and look for some good deals. I have a craftsman and like it. It's been pretty good to me. Most drills have a light and variable speed. The trigger is how you control the speed. I think all drills nowadays are variable speed, but I could be wrong