Portable router table

jbw55

I have a Triton MOF001KC plung router that I'd like to use more, I have a nice router table top, fence and all the goodies.....so what I need is a portable router bench that my router table top and router can be attached full time. Do to my storage situation it needs to be fairly compact, easy to move and folds up. Been looking at few from Rockler and Kreg but they are the scissor type stands and not sure how stable they would be. I'm open for any suggestions, thanks!......here is a pic of the router.

post-51163-0-95854900-1438397191_thumb.j

You just need a stand? Have you considered making your own? I usually slap router tables together with plywood. For me, it's much cheaper and I get the same use out of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Yes just the stand is needed, I already have the router table top....been looking around and have seen a few DIY stands from plywood and that's certainly an option. I have also considered a folding type job site stand but will need to do a few mods to it. Any pics of the one's you have put together??

• Like 1

Yes just the stand is needed, I already have the router table top....been looking around and have seen a few DIY stands from plywood and that's certainly an option. I have also considered a folding type job site stand but will need to do a few mods to it. Any pics of the one's you have put together??

I think a folding type setup would be great! I've never thought of doing that. I'll post up some pictures tomorrow

Thanks for the input.....if you get a chance could you post a picture?? thanks.....

Super simple design, super strong. No half laps just glue and screw with the small 2" casters. I just built one for my Dewalt tool box (see http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/5346-new-shop-underway/) the tables don't fold but I can scoot them right out of the way as I need the ability to move stuff in my tiny shop.

• Like 1

Super simple design, super strong. No half laps just glue and screw with the small 2" casters. I just built one for my Dewalt tool box (see http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/5346-new-shop-underway/) the tables don't fold but I can scoot them right out of the way as I need the ability to move stuff in my tiny shop.

Looking good.....I had a few I built similar to yours and they served me well but now that all my tools are in a dedicated tool shed I have been putting all my big and heavy tools on job site stands. My tool shed is about eight inches off the ground and a hand truck style stand makes it easier to wheel the tool up and down the step.

It looks we have the same Dewalt table saw and mine sits on the Dewalt job site stand.....thinking of getting another dewalt stand then adding some sides and bottom to the router table top so it raises the router table top high enough for the router to stay attached to the table when the stand is folded up.

This is my portable router stand. It's stupid simple but gets the done.

I use this when I'm on the road and clamp it down to a saw horse

30227027b3bc6d6259f41f30c06e8eee.jpg

98f38d7007e1c3e1966c9cdbb0432c75.jpg

cb79511f086f7354feedf61195e56f2c.jpg

Looks great Nalu.....the box is pretty much what I'm thinking but without the top as the router table top will be the the top and then mount it to the dewalt job site stand. This will allow me to move it out of the way quickly and out the shed with out busting a nut LOL.

I'm also thinking of angled aluminum and just making a frame with the router top bolted to that and mount the frame to the stand.....its a bit lighter and a bit easier to reach in for adjustments to the router.

• Like 1