anyone using corner clamps?

snarf

Decided I want to build myself a small bookshelf, and somebody recommended that I get some corner clamps to use on it.  Anybody using them?  Which ones would you say are worth getting?

I would definitely give that a shot.  It sounds like something I should learn...and cheaper.  But, being as much of a n00b to this as I am, can you kind of describe how to do that?

ok so here ya go hope you understand my drawings...

first off on work table take square and put two blocks about 1" from corner square and screw them down.

next take two more and screw them to table able 1/2" on other side so a wedge can fit between. 

then put your work in place and knock wedges to tighten. 

clamp_1.png

• Like 1

I've seen better version's of the clamps I have. I believe Bessey and Jorgensen make some good ones. I've also made up a bunch of home made right angles that I can clamp the work pieces together using quick grips or c-clamps. In all honesty though, I rarely use these. It's too slow for me to clamp things together. I've been using a speed square to keep things at right angles and a 16 guage brad nailer to hold them in place. For even quicker jobs I use CA glue with an Activator.

If your just taking your time to do a great job, the clamps work great. I have cheap ones that I bought years ago and they've served me well.

016ea51787075ce74f95387d28c0f139.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the explanation, comp!  That makes sense, and I think I could do that pretty easily.  

Jeff, thanks for the comment about the size and relative force.  I hadn't actually thought about that

I actually saw a couple at the Ace up the street that look really similar to that one you have pictured, Nalu.  I might grab them and use a combination of the them and the form like comp described.  I just want to be sure that my bookshelf is square and level.