Friday Night Tool Talk BBQ - POST HERE

Dan - TIA

seeings that Eric mentioned smoked meatloaf I figured I would post my Italian version....

you can do this on the BBQ just as easy by placing in pan made from tin foil

Ingredients
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 onion, minced
1 red pepper, minced
4 garlic cloves minced
1 egg, slightly beaten
⅔ cup BBQ sauce, divided
½ cup bread crumbs Italian or other
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 cup parmesan grated cheese or romano 

Instructions
In a large bowl, add the ground beef, onion, pepper, garlic, egg, ⅓ cup BBQ sauce, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and cayenne parmesan cheese.
Using your hands, knead the meat mixture until everything is well combined.
Mold the meat into a log/loaf shape and sprinkle salt and pepper
Start up your smoker and get it to 250F. You can use many different types of wood (hickory, pecan, maple, mesquite). 
Place meatloaf in smoker once the smoker reaches 250F.
Brush with remaining ⅓ cup BBQ sauce after about 2 hours of smoking.
Remove when the internal temperature is at 160F.

If you like Salmon on the BBQ you have to try this simple recipe. My sister in law is a vegetarian and a few years back she wanted me to grill her up a nice hunk of salmon. All you gotta do is place the salmon on a sheet of tin foil add salt,pepper, garlic power, onion powder then smother it in your favorite bbq sauce. Close up the tin foil around the salmon and let it cook on the bbq. When it's done add s little fresh lemon and it will knock your socks off.

This is my go to recipe for chicken kabobs. In the Detroit area Lebanese style food is huge right now. It's healthy and tastes amazing. Usually cook some veggies like zucchini, mushrooms, and squash marinated in Italian dressing to go with it. You can also add some kinda rice dish I do rice a ronie just because its easy.

• 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts 2LB
  • 1/4 cup yogurt
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp tomato paste
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 1 lemon (juice only)
  • 1 tbsp sweet paprika
  • 3/4 tsp dried thyme
  • 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/4 tsp ground allspice *
  • 1 tsp salt + 1/2 tsp ground pepper, or to taste

If you've ever come to Hawaii, you may have noticed billows of smoke on the side of the street, followed by a mouth watering aroma of what's called "Huli Huli Chicken". Huli (pronounced Hoo-Lee) means "turn" in the Hawaiian language. It's often cooked by turning the chicken over an open flame.

OJjI8sr.jpg?1

I’ve never used this, but it might come in handy:

ULvPGb7.jpg?1

Vy7ifMK.jpg?1

First, I must say that this isn't my own recipe and I don't remember how I got it. I usually eyeball all the ingredients and it end's up tasting the same every time. I use charcoal or mesquite wood (it's in abundance here in Hawaii) it gives a nice smokey flavor.

Make the Marinade and soak the chicken for at least an Hour in the refrigerator, you can also have it soaking overnight in the frig. I buy cheap chicken parts sold in the frozen section. Baste the chicken with the remaining marinade as it cooks on the grill and keep turning the chicken. This is where I grab a seat next to the grill, crack open a beer, flip the chicken over and baste every 5 minutes for 30 minutes. Timing would depend on how well you like your chicken done.

Huli Huli Chicken Marinade:

1/3 Cup Soy Sauce

1/3 Cup Ketchup

1/4 Cup Sherry Cooking Wine

1/4 Cup of Honey

1/4 Cup of Worchestershire Sauce

A Squirt of Sriracha Sauce

2 Tbsp of Sesame Oil

3 Crushed Cloves of Garlic

3 Crushed Ginger Root Pieces

1/3 cup Brown Sugar

Here’s a youtube video on how to make this, it’s a different method, but I think it’s better than what I do:

• Like 1

Holy Crap Nalu,,, that looks awesome,,, and my boys think the same,,, LOL attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hahaha that's awesome. I still haven't figured out why some pictures get flipped upside down, it's not a huge deal though.

After doing a little more research, it seem's like the proper way of making Huli Huli Chicken is to make a Brine, Dry Rub and a Sauce as demonstrated in the YouTube video. I've even seen a video of the spikey yellow haired dude doing it this way. I'm gonna have to give this a shot when I get the chance. 

• Like 1