Diagonal cutters

Mondo1310

My go to cutters are the xl series diagnoal cutters by proto. They come in a few different sizes an are very straight forward. There no frills handle style but work great.I also have a pair of Klein journeyman series diagnoal cutting pliers that work good to. Then of course I have a few cheaper and/or older ones to.

I've got my eyes on the millwakee cutters, just don't need another duplicate tool. a kinipex pair would be nice to.

I would stay away from kobalt brand ones. I had a pair an they were absolutely horrible.

Also it's never a bad idea to have a set of small bolt cutters. Don't try to be superman using the wrong tool for the job. Yes digital cutters work for some but the small bolt cutters are easier an won't get ruined over time with heavy cuts. I have a real small pair of kinipex bolt cutters, I think there 9" but could be wrong. By far well worth whatever they cost.

• Like 1

I have the Knipex and the Snap On, and always tend to go for my Knipex set. I've used them side by side and Knipex feels like they are already broken in, really smooth, don't have to fight with the handle, cut better, over all feel better too. I have the small ones and the long leverage. They aren't excessively expensive at Sears, usually on sale for 30 bucks or so.2ef5051d40cfbe90bdbcfc15ab660a93.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I have the Knipex and the Snap On, and always tend to go for my Knipex set. I've used them side by side and Knipex feels like they are already broken in, really smooth, don't have to fight with the handle, cut better, over all feel better too. I have the small ones and the long leverage. They aren't excessively expensive at Sears, usually on sale for 30 bucks or so.2ef5051d40cfbe90bdbcfc15ab660a93.jpg

Better than snap on ones?? Are the knipex the high leverage version?

The head of the knipex has an angle that helps and skinnier head and cutting walls. This help when in tight spaces and have thick material, seems the snap on set always needed extra effort to get the job done.

I would love to try the Klein set, herd nothing but great things, and they are made in the US. That's a bonus, ill just have to buy some and see how they compare. Im ok buying múltiple sets of the same tool;one for work, one for tool bag, one for tool box, and one set for home(usually the cheaper one cuz the house tends to eat my stuff).

The head of the knipex has an angle that helps and skinnier head and cutting walls. This help when in tight spaces and have thick material, seems the snap on set always needed extra effort to get the job done.

I would love to try the Klein set, herd nothing but great things, and they are made in the US. That's a bonus, ill just have to buy some and see how they compare. Im ok buying múltiple sets of the same tool;one for work, one for tool bag, one for tool box, and one set for home(usually the cheaper one cuz the house tends to eat my stuff).

Thanks for the pictures and information. I'm in between the knipex and Klein. My end up getting both.

• Like 1

• 7 years later...