Wera vs Klein

Mondo1310

Looking to expand my garage tools been looking for new set of screwdrivers. I have a set of snap on at work but not wanting to spend $175 on another set and tired of bring them back and forth to work. I like the Weras unique handles and Phillips head design. Also like the familiarity of the Klein. Any other recommendations from the crew would be appreciated.

• Like 1

I've got the Wera and a couple of Klein drivers and love them both. The Weras have the engraved tips to prevent cam out and they are really comfortable. My Klein tools are just awesome and my biggy....USA made. But Wera screwdrivers are awesome and I got for them first. I would like to try the Wiha drivers out as well as Felo.

• Like 1

Wiha,wera,Felo are my go to brands for screwdrivers,The handles are a great fit even with large hands.  Kleins are good too,as are several others like the Protos mentioned above,personally for me its all how they feel in the hand.

• Like 1

http://www.amazon.com/Wera-05004080001-Imperial-Ratchet-Push-Through/dp/B00IXMFJEY

Not screwdrivers but I just won an offer on this kit on eBay for $75 minus $16 I had in my paypal account. Big.....BIG.....differ eve in actual cost. Totally worth it and will be a great addition to my Festool kit I just got.

• Like 1

http://www.amazon.com/Wera-05004080001-Imperial-Ratchet-Push-Through/dp/B00IXMFJEY

Not screwdrivers but I just won an offer on this kit on eBay for $75 minus $16 I had in my paypal account. Big.....BIG.....differ eve in actual cost. Totally worth it and will be a great addition to my Festool kit I just got.

That's a hell of deal. Let us know how that wera ratchet works out.

• Like 1

That's a hell of deal. Let us know how that wera ratchet works out.

Thanks Mondo, I couldn't believe they accepted my offer on that one. I might shoot a quick unboxing video when it gets in as I've heard this is a killer set.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I like them and look good in the toolbag too. I like them better than the Dewalt i had prior.8c9971140662031033934b6fedefd3fa.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I like my Milwaukee screwdrivers. They're good for everyday beaters. One thing I really don't like though is the fact that Milwaukee screwdrivers only have a + or - on the handle. There's nothing to indicate tip size, length or anything else. I'm slowly switching over to Klein drivers for just this reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I HATE Klein screwdrivers. It's not that they are poor quality but they are a poor design...don't get me wrong, the rubber handle is great but because of the balance point, they don't lay on the rubber ridges on the grip...so they roll off everything. I really like trilateral designs because they just plop down and rest where you put them. I'm fond of my Witte maxxpro plus but I see a HUGE following for Wera. Wera might be the next addition to my tool box.