Wera vs Klein

Mondo1310

I like my Milwaukee screwdrivers. They're good for everyday beaters. One thing I really don't like though is the fact that Milwaukee screwdrivers only have a + or - on the handle. There's nothing to indicate tip size, length or anything else. I'm slowly switching over to Klein drivers for just this reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are reading it wrong, the #1 Phillips is an "x" , while the #2 is a "+" .

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Wera has just announced their Autumn Promo's.  The screwdriver set is pretty comprehensive and they won't roll off the work bench.  The chisel drivers are my favorite.  Beat the hell out of them and then use them as a pry bar...or a not-so-subtle beer can opener.  L-keys are some of the best around.

https://germantoolblog.com/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2016 at 5:01 AM, wildroamer said:

Late to the party, I'm guessing @Mondo1310 already purchased a set. Just wanted to add my vote for the Wiha's. Microfinish, specifically. Very slight gritty finish, clean up real easy.

IMG_20160415_170633055.jpg

Man, these are a nice set of screwdrivers. I've only recently been aware of companies like Wiha, Wera, Felo, Gedore, Knipex, etc...

Right now, as far as screwdrivers go, I only have Klein and Milwaukee. I actually prefer my Milwaukee set because they fit nicely in my toolbags and pouches. I'm gonna pickup a Wera set soon and try them out

• Like 1

I actually put my weras in my truck tool box. I think they are great drivers but other grips are more comfortable to me. I have a set of n.o.s napa wittes and love them. think $25 for an 8 piece set. I then ordered a few other wittes and the are currently my favorite. I have a set of wiha insulted and the are a very close second. Recently got some gedore striker screwdrivers. not nearly enough time on them yet. very good quality though.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I got the Milwaukee screwdrivers and I love them for the price I paid what's was $3 for the set new at the flea market and also have a few more from the pawn shop for 1 buck each.I think the tips are strong and its not hard to grab size you need as smaller tip screwdrivers have smaller handles and like the wire looper and stripper built in on the bigger ones. Im going to buy a wera set as they are only $35 a set on ebay. You cant beat that im just stumped to what set to buy as there are a bunch of different ones...Im kinda leaning towards the the yellow chisel drivers.

The Wera screwdrivers are very nice. You can get a good deal on them at Sears with points and coupon codes every now and then. The SK screwdrivers get good reviews as well, but can get a little pricey. The thing I like about Kliens is that they have the markings on the end of the handles to tell you what it is. This is very helpful if you have them in a tool bag or something similar. 

I may get some flack for this but these craftsman "diamond coated" screwdrivers are not bad at all. They really get a good grip on less than perfect fasteners. you can pick a set up as a backup set for cheap with points.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-6-piece-extreme-grip-diamond-tip-screwdriver/p-00915495000P?plpSellerId=Sears&prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gas Engineer said:

The Wera screwdrivers are very nice. You can get a good deal on them at Sears with points and coupon codes every now and then. The SK screwdrivers get good reviews as well, but can get a little pricey. The thing I like about Kliens is that they have the markings on the end of the handles to tell you what it is. This is very helpful if you have them in a tool bag or something similar. 

I may get some flack for this but these craftsman "diamond coated" screwdrivers are not bad at all. They really get a good grip on less than perfect fasteners. you can pick a set up as a backup set for cheap with points.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-6-piece-extreme-grip-diamond-tip-screwdriver/p-00915495000P?plpSellerId=Sears&prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2

FYI

The Wera's are also marked on the top of the drivers to show you what is what in a tool bag

I like that holder a lot. I mounted one horizontal under a shelf at my workbench at work. I put two screws through the bottom and then the two mount holes. I even ended up drilling extra holes for two other screwdrivers. The price for Wera screwdrivers is ridiculously cheap for what you get. Adding the PH3 hurts a little since it's $20. Wiha and Felo are reasonable too.

Wera also fits screws better than Klein and Snap On.

• Like 1

http://www.sears.com/wera-6-piece-kraftform-plus-series-100-vde/p-00980875000P?plpSellerId=Sears&prdNo=36&blockNo=36&blockType=G36

These have been on sale for a few weeks now at Sears. You can get it for cheaper if you have any points to burn up. Good set for someone who deals with angry pixies on a regular basis. 

4 hours ago, Gas Engineer said:

Go to the set. They are awesome. And they are made with a....

• Like 1