Went to home depot for tucktape and...

torontotoolman

There's countless options as far as colors go. There's also different styles of shingles. Color really doesn't make much of a difference in temperate of the roof deck... No matter what it's hot! However proper ventilation and insulation of your attic is what is key to stop the heat transfer.

The photo above is what's called the underpayment or "tar paper"

It's an additional leak protection before the shingles. There's a few ways to attach this, with the most common being t-50 style staples.

That's what the Milwaukee hammer tacker takes and that's what I used to fasten the tar paper to the roof sheathing.

Basically every course of shingles has about 6" removed off the end.

Installation instructions are provided with every type of shingle, however the installation are all similar. Usually 4-6 nails a shingle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you located, roofs are done differently here I live in a hurricane zone and I think its crazy that you could use staples on a roof

Wisconsin.

Shingles are nailed here not stapled. Underlayment is stapled however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard of shinglez being stapled just nailed i wouldnt think staples would hold up even the tarpaper or ice and water sheild being nailed down aswell not stspled but i geuss its just the paper so staples wouldnt matter so much

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Its crazy how much work we have to do here, other states do less work and charge more for there work..lol What do you charge per square?? We even have to renail all the plywood 4 inches on center, the whole damn deck. 

how big off a pain in the ass would it be to rip off that plywood after you nailed it every 4 inches, i can only imagine.