Milwaukee multi meter thoughts

DiverDn

Would not buy any precision/analyst meter from a power-tools supplier, be it red, blue or yellow team. Not only is it almost the exact opposite in the electronic area. 

Power-tools = is pretty inaccurate and noisy, but high in power. Even BL. Pretty crude stuff.

Analytic tools = would have to be precise, neatly filtered and doesn't pull power at all.

So not only do they probably lack sewere experience, they would probably need to pay some chinese no-brand name to make it for them. You could get OK/bad quality, but also shitty quality. High og decent quality is just to forget. 

If I want ok/bad quality chinese (not crappy/shitty) I'd buy them under UNI-T brand, or just a totally cheap No-brand name shit (for really crude measurements) and not pay extra to get some power-tool makers put their sticker on it.

Off course, if you want anything decent, look towards Fluke, FLIR, Tektronix etc...

While I agree with this, the reason I was hoping for a good tool was because everyone on the various forums were raving about them. Guess you should always trust your gut. I may try to contact Milwaukee and see if they'll do something for me(like a discount on another tool) or just try to flip it.

Weird thing that had me questioning the choice before I received it was when I found out it ran off of two AA batteries...I've never known a multimeter to run off of anything other than a 9 volt.

While I agree with this, the reason I was hoping for a good tool was because everyone on the various forums were raving about them. Guess you should always trust your gut. I may try to contact Milwaukee and see if they'll do something for me(like a discount on another tool) or just try to flip it.

Weird thing that had me questioning the choice before I received it was when I found out it ran off of two AA batteries...I've never known a multimeter to run off of anything other than a 9 volt.

My fluke uses two AAA batteries

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's my meter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh ok, that explains it. I'm using these guys(not my pics):

87v-01b-600x402.jpgfluke_112.jpg$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

WTF is up with this last meter's leads?! Where do you even get those!?

This is probably where the problem is...I use mine every day, in several different modes. I guess a lot of the guys buying these Milwaukee meters only really need voltage and continuity.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...