Choosing the right nail gun next...

taylorv1

I currently have a 18 gauge Senco Nail Gun, and Husky 3 gal compressor. I am looking in getting a new nail gun, preferably battery operated. I am looking at the new Ridgid Hyperdrive Brushless 18 and 16 gauge nail guns. I build furniture and cabinetry. What nail gun should, I get next? Should I stick to an 18 gauge or get a battery 16 or 18 gauge nailer? Or does someone have another suggestion of nail gun gauge size I should get. Please help me out. Thank You.

For about half the price you can give the Ryobi a try (about $110.00 less).  I've been using one for the last few weeks and it's been fantastic.  My concern is that all these battery nail guns are still early generation equipment.  I'm hoping there are some improvements over the next year or so that make waiting to spend the extra money worth it.  Be that as it may - the Ryobi hasn't missed a beat and the battery outlasts the nail capacity for at least 3 reloads.  In fact I think I'm about to run through my fourth load and haven't had to charge the battery again yet.  As for what size - Home Depot has combo's on sale now.  You can get an 18ga brad and a 16ga finish for $387.00 ($158.00 over the price of the single ridgid 18ga).  If you want the 18ga crown stapler too there's a combo for that also that is listed at $526.00.  The Angled finish 16ga is higher at $270 by itself.

There - doesn't that make your decision more confusing? lol  Hope that helps a little.

• Like 1

Since you already have the Senco 18 gauge I would probably go after a long 16 gauge just to have the variety. I'm with Moxy though, if you are looking battery powered I think the Ryobi is definitely worth a look. There are several folks that have had nothing but good things to say about them. I am thinking about grabbing the Ryobi 18 gauge just to try it out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Im no ryobi fan but fuck there air strike nailers are amazing i got the 16 gauge and its perfect does everything i need it for

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I've been pretty surprised by some of the new Ryobi tools. I decided to buy a couple of their tools just to see for myself and they have been doing great. Granted I am only testing them out as DIY guy, but they have worked great. I really like their fan, great buy!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1