Wife wants new car........Impala or Fusion?

comp56

wife wants a new car, her van is getting old now according to her (2013) she has test drove a Chev Impala and a Ford Fusion kinda likes them both......what one is the better car? 

Well I can tell you I hate Impalas professionally. The transmissions go all the time. But my buddies that use them drive them professionally so they get driven pretty hard. It's hard to compare a car in regular use to a car in a hard environment. The place I work for buys Ford Fusions for employees outside of my line of word. My opinion of the Fusion...? Meh. I'd say go with the 200. Mopar baby! My friend Kacey has one and she absolutely loves it. AWD, super sporty, tectonic shifting, large trunk.....and do I say......MOPAR BABY!

haha ya actually only about 38,000 on it but it is coming close to warranty 3 yrs.......time to move on ya a mustang is out of the question.....we are old people now according to our kids we want comfort over speed and power...lol actually she would have bought a car when she bought the van but our son was attending university 900 miles away and she figured a van one more time to transport him back and forth each year. now that he has his masters and is attending a local university for his doctorate (4 more years) 9.5 yrs total.......it is time.....

@jbw55 good to know, the only thing she noticed is the seat is long and because she is very small 5'2" 100lbs she finds it leaning on the under side of her gas pedal knee....as it is she drives with a memory foam cushion in her van......we will see......

• Like 1

I don't know about the newer impalas but I know that just a couple yrs ago they were having issues with transmission my buddy has a 2014 impala and he loves it, We've gotten quite a few fusions in the shop but nothing for mechanical issues and not one owner told us anything bad about them.

they're both solid sedans. i think the fusion is going to be a little firmer riding and more responsive than the impala. if you want a cushiony ride for your old people butts than i would lean towards the impala. it's also the roomier car if that matters. one thing i would certainly look at is if you're getting upgraded infotainment with navigation, the impala is going to be a much easier car to live with day-to-day. the system that ford is using today is not as simple as it should be given you need to use it while focusing on driving at the same time. both good choices from the domestic brands.