Klein adjustable pliers, first impressions

WeldfabNeil

Organizing my truck for the first time in a couple monthes I found these under the seat. I was given these brand new a couple months ago an never used them.

There a 10" version, I believe Klein makes other sizes to. There journeyman series are good to, I have that pair as well.

My first impression is there a nice tool. They fit well in your hand with a good balance. Adjustment is easy.

I quickly grabbed a few things along with picked up a few others. Teeth have a good bite, but keep in mind there still brand new.

Upon farther inspection handles are dipped plastic or something. I like them because although they don't provide a lot of cushion they aren't bulky. They can fit in tight spaces. Same with the head it's not super thick to the point it won't fit in a tight space. It still seems strong enough an should work fine.

I noticed there is slite rust on one side. They have never been used, just sitting in my truck. So I will wipe slight wd40 or some rust remover an preventive on them.

The casting an finish seem to be a little rough. The adjusting mechanism is nicely done, but not the top of head or back of pliers. It's not a knipex quality finish but I could care less the finish an more the function.

I will use them for a while an be sure to report back.

They look very similar to knipex alligator pliers.

That was one of my I titian thoughts. The reason I figured otherwise was cause the finish. The couple kiniepex tools I have are very well finished. No casting lines, or rough edges.

Perhaps there knipex re brands but not to that level of finish or even maybe knipex rebrands.

Organizing my truck for the first time in a couple monthes I found these under the seat. I was given these brand new a couple months ago an never used them.

There a 10" version, I believe Klein makes other sizes to. There journeyman series are good to, I have that pair as well.

My first impression is there a nice tool. They fit well in your hand with a good balance. Adjustment is easy.

I quickly grabbed a few things along with picked up a few others. Teeth have a good bite, but keep in mind there still brand new.

Upon farther inspection handles are dipped plastic or something. I like them because although they don't provide a lot of cushion they aren't bulky. They can fit in tight spaces. Same with the head it's not super thick to the point it won't fit in a tight space. It still seems strong enough an should work fine.

I noticed there is slite rust on one side. They have never been used, just sitting in my truck. So I will wipe slight wd40 or some rust remover an preventive on them.

The casting an finish seem to be a little rough. The adjusting mechanism is nicely done, but not the top of head or back of pliers. It's not a knipex quality finish but I could care less the finish an more the function.

I will use them for a while an be sure to report back.

Damn now I want a pair man how much do they run

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damn now I want a pair man how much do they run

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

According to Home Depots website they have the same pair for 28 bucks.

I looked at kleins website an they have a 7", 10" an 12" version. Each version is avaible in quik adjust or the standard like I have.

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-10-in-Classic-Klaw-Pump-Pliers-D504-10/204064652