XT257M

kruton

So I found the Makita XT257M kit on clearance at our Home Depot. It is a display model and on clearance for $199. I guess I'm just curious if anyone has had any experience buying display models? I guess I'm also not sure if that's a good deal since it is a display. New they seemed to be going for around $379. I don't really need it, but if it is a decent deal then why not!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

As long as you get everything, and the tool isn't beat to hell buying the display isn't that bad of a deal. Keep the receipt if you have to do any warranty work.

I am assuming the warranty will be the same as buying new. They originally had it mis-priced at 129 but it was for a Dewalt drywall gun. They wouldn't sell it to me for that or I would have already grabbed it.

amazon has a great deal on the XT252M..    the 252 kit has a much nicer impact driver than the 257 kit.. 

works out to be $337.49 with shipping and everything.    definetly the best deal i have seen on a new kit. 

http://www.amazon.com/Makita-XT252M-Lithium-Brushless-Cordless/dp/B00M46NBTA/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A411WFYU4YLUH

as far as the display models go.. you will probably be fine.. even the batteries. they have low voltage protection built into them that will prevent them from being damaged by excessive discharge.   not positive but my gut is they should be ok

Thanks for all of the info fellas. I guess I am now in the 18v Makita line.216cea53a3d3e9b43ddba3aef81f3877.jpg

I don't really need the impact driver but I may hang on to it. The kit was in great shape and I picked it up for $194.

• Like 2

So now I'm in another quandary. My Home Depot has a display model of the dual 18v 7-1/4" on clearance right now. My next buy was going to be the new brushless circular saw, but now I'm thinking about getting the bigger saw. The looks like new and they have it listed at $148. I need your help crew, what would you guys do?

Do it.

Now that is what friends are for!  I'm just on the fence if i would rather have the brushless with the single 18v.  Now is when I need some help from the Home Depot deal gurus!  I think I may watch it for a bit and see if the price drops again.  The saw wasn't there as of Monday when I bought the drill kit.  Hopefully it won't be gone too quick, and I guess if it is then that helps me decide which one to get!

Now that is what friends are for! I'm just on the fence if i would rather have the brushless with the single 18v. Now is when I need some help from the Home Depot deal gurus! I think I may watch it for a bit and see if the price drops again. The saw wasn't there as of Monday when I bought the drill kit. Hopefully it won't be gone too quick, and I guess if it is then that helps me decide which one to get!

. Sorry bro!! Lol!! U really gotta think about it man cus ur gonna stay with the urge to buy the brushless one if my credit card wasn't maxed out I'd buy both those suckers ;) i just remember I didn't jump on a coue deals and it but me on the ass cus I can't find them for the same deal anywhere and my wifey loves telling me " I told u so" :/

Kriton, I'm in the same boat as you. I have the 36 volt 7 /14" circ saw as well, and I think I will pick up that new brushless as well. I say pull the trigger...

What do you think of the 36 volt? And is $148 worth it?

Hey Kruton, Bishop has the Makita brushless for $161. I'd buy it from Bishop tools.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400881550677?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Also....AWESOME purchase dude! That is one I'm envious of!

Only 3 left...looks like I had better set up a PayPal account! For what I would be using this saw for I really don't need the extended runtime of the 36v. For $161 and brand new I think that just made up my mind!

Only 3 left...looks like I had better set up a PayPal account! For what I would be using this saw for I really don't need the extended runtime of the 36v. For $161 and brand new I think that just made up my mind!

See if you can get the HD down on the price of 18x2 Makita. I actually picked up the same saw on clearance from HD for $58.03 just a couple of months ago. It was brand new and several of the HDs in my area had them for that price.

See if you can get the HD down on the price of 18x2 Makita. I actually picked up the same saw on clearance from HD for $58.03 just a couple of months ago. It was brand new and several of the HDs in my area had them for that price.

Really? Did you have to ask them or was it just that low?

I really wanted to get that Kruton. I decided to go Makita as opposed to Fuel but I bought a 5.0 Dewalt battery and traded a new Bosch 4.0 for the other one with Madman. My Dewalt 20v saw is doing quite awesome and although I could swing the purchase I just can't see doing it now that I'm running those 5.0 Dewalts. That Makita is a sweet saw though. I will add I love my Dewalt, works way better than my last cordless saw (M18 Non Fuel).