Hes a first look at side by side makita monster hammer drill vs the new gen 2 milwaukee hammer drill

torontotoolman

https://instagram.com/p/6ooDH5kxDl/

This is close hard to say.a real winner because the power on both and speed is crazy as you can see and if you read the description they were both pushing down hard on both drills to try and push them to the limits now remeber on instagram you can only put 15 sec videos so thats why you only get to see a short clip but its a great first look

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

76957a04069f29e5967f2ee3051309d3.jpg5222cd1d4673748acd4c7b89e7c21144.jpg some side by side pics me personally i like how the makita is bigger and beefyer but i know a lot of people are into a more slim compacter lighter drill for extensive use and as you can see the gen 2 fuel did a good job on slimming down there drill

I personally like the look of the makita but Id rather have something more compact hanging from my belt. It's actually impressive that even if the gen2 only matches the makita that they got that power in a small size. Just as impressive as the power makita got in the compact td148.

One thing I hate about that makita drill is all that extra meat at the base, I know they had to put a battery indicator there but why is it so damn thick there. Looks funny.

And one thing I wish all tool makers would do is copy Milwaukee and put rubber over mold on their batteries. It's amazing how nice it is to set it down on a countertop or hardwood floor and not worry about it scratching.

I personally like the look of the makita but Id rather have something more compact hanging from my belt. It's actually impressive that even if the gen2 only matches the makita that they got that power in a small size. Just as impressive as the power makita got in the compact td148.

One thing I hate about that makita drill is all that extra meat at the base, I know they had to put a battery indicator there but why is it so damn thick there. Looks funny.

And one thing I wish all tool makers would do is copy Milwaukee and put rubber over mold on their batteries. It's amazing how nice it is to set it down on a countertop or hardwood floor and not worry about it scratching.

Ya i get what you are saying i personally like the size of the makita better and i like the bigger base im the oppisite and thing the milwaukee looks funny with the smaller base kinda like a body builder who forgets leg day lol i think the proportions match better on the makita but i dont have a drill attached to my belt all day so thats as far as my opinion goes i always have a heavy framing nailer so anything feels light compared to that

Nice comparison. Both drills look super awesome both performance wise and cosmetics wise.

Agreed i think both drills will serve there purpose and then some with these 2 drills i think what ever you are looking for in a hammer drill driver you can find with eather one if you what a more compact power house that is lighter then the fuel gen 2 is for you if the size isnt and issue then the makita will be a perfect option or what ever plat form you are invested in

You know I haven't heard anything about the new hilti hammer drill/driver that was coming out. I seen a video of it at world of concrete but nothing since. It was said to have 1200inlbs. I'd like to see these three go at it

You know I haven't heard anything about the new hilti hammer drill/driver that was coming out. I seen a video of it at world of concrete but nothing since. It was said to have 1200inlbs. I'd like to see these three go at it

I didnt even know hilti was coming out with a new hammer drill driver i dont really follow hilti that way

I didnt even know hilti was coming out with a new hammer drill driver i dont really follow hilti that way

I don't too much either but Dan and Eric were using it. They had good things to say about it. I remember a hilti guy hinting that you could get rid of your holehawg lol. It's probably on their YouTube

Oh yeah, forgot about that Hilti Hammer drill.  The video I saw was pretty impressive, that thing was rippin' into the wood.

From the specs it looks like hilti got the extra torque by just dropping the speed. Their specs could be understated though.

I hate the lump over the battery on the makita. Makes the battery hang off too far.

That's what I hate. It adds almost an inch from bottom. That and no battery over mold. I don't know why that hasn't caught on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the specs it looks like hilti got the extra torque by just dropping the speed. Their specs could be understated though.

I hate the lump over the battery on the makita. Makes the battery hang off too far.

See for some reason i love that about the makita i just like how its all layed out i must be the only one or something but i like how the battery over hangs im not really feeling how the bottom of the milwaukee is layed out the more i look at it i dont like how the grip is far back to me it just doesnt "look" balanced well i could be wrong once its in hand but from what it looks like its just not proportioned propperly

See for some reason i love that about the makita i just like how its all layed out i must be the only one or something but i like how the battery over hangs im not really feeling how the bottom of the milwaukee is layed out the more i look at it i dont like how the grip is far back to me it just doesnt "look" balanced well i could be wrong once its in hand but from what it looks like its just not proportioned propperly

Lol it really is personal preference! I like the long thin fit compared to the short fat. I could sit all day and bullshit about tools haha. My wife thinks I have issues haha

Hahah im.the same way and my wife thinks the samething shes just happy i have a manly obsession/hobbie and thats why we are here so we can talk tools and argue tools and agree on tools end of the day its about the tools

That's what it all about

Hahah im.the same way and my wife thinks the samething shes just happy i have a manly obsession/hobbie and thats why we are here so we can talk tools and argue tools and agree on tools end of the day its about the tools

. The sad part is I can't talk about tools for man 5min with my friends cus they get bored lol that's why I come to my crew on here!

. The sad part is I can't talk about tools for man 5min with my friends cus they get bored lol that's why I come to my crew on here!

I think it may be time for some new friends! I'm the same way though. Luckily I inherited this addiction from my dad so I can always sit and shoot the shit about tools with him for hours. It's been really cool.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

At least both are hanging on to the tool, not like in the impact video where the one using the Milwaukee couldn't handle the tool LOL....

Funny thing is both same guys using same tool same time also with milwaukee reps standing there watching for both test it was done at a milwaukee evant but ya i heard from a few people the milwaukee has a bad wobbleing problem both old and the new gen and i honestly trust this guys in the video for one i know the they are both pros and and staff memeber at the tool store i go to and the milwaukee reps were there so i dont think they would allow any funny business