Contractor truck cap set ups

DarynH

I just picked up a truck cap and I'm hoping to get a few ideas on set up from anyone who has one. I do mostly remodels so I have to be prepared for anything which means I need space saving tips. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The only way I think you can really utilize the whole bed with a truck cap is drawer or platform slides. Poisonfangs85 mentioned weather guard pack rats an those are a good idea, they come in all sizes. I looked at a narrow one for next to my welder but got topside boxes instead.

If you google truck bed storage drawer or something similar there's hundreds of ideas.

I have a truck cap for my Dakota and its great to a point. I found that in my case where I use the bosses truck more than mine for my daily job it was easier just to have my tonneuo cover on.

However I would much rather have a cap that would fit my drill case and be able to keep things more organized. I know I could just keep my drills not in a case but I'm a little bit of a case guy.

Anyway, I would buy another one but only brand new. And ordered the way I want it. (The one I have now came with the truck) but the way I see it. You have to use the cap for a few weeks to see how you like things set up. And then figure out if you can deal with it or if you can try and chnage the configuration to suit your needs

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

So after looking into a few different truck bed organizers I decided that I would just make one. Here's what I came up with. Two drawers with a sled on top.

Now that's what I'm talking about! That is awesome man. I will be putting some of these ideas in mind when I get a new(er) truck. I will be getting a cap next time around.

Any way you could post a walk around video, really interested in how you mounted the casters and how it all operates for you. Killer bro

Now that's what I'm talking about! That is awesome man. I will be putting some of these ideas in mind when I get a new(er) truck. I will be getting a cap next time around.

Any way you could post a walk around video, really interested in how you mounted the casters and how it all operates for you. Killer bro

Thanks guys, I didn't take but maybe 6 hours once I knew how I was going to do it. I'll get a walk around video up later today or tomorrow

the truck cap I have I think will be going back on my truck in the next few weeks, however I will be making some modifications to it...

the tool box that is in there is a standard T shelf that splits it into 3 smaller areas one long skinny shelf on the top and 2 areas of the bottom side. (I hope everyone got what im trying to describe)

I will attempt to pop the rivets, remove the shelves and build a divider system within it. I may try to build it so I don't screw many more holes into the shell but we will see. ive been looking at new ones but they are expensive and I don't know if its worth the jump seeing as I have one already that I can modify.... 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...