Milwaukee 46in Tool Chest

silica

Maybe we should start our own Patreon account man! Call it "Kruton and BigMike are broke and want a bad ass tool chest"!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Add me to it lol im broke as hell!

I've been getting told this box won't hold up in an automotive shop but i guess i'll have to wait til November... If i can keep the greedy Snap-on guy and his 8,000.00 toolboxes away

• Like 1

I've been getting told this box won't hold up in an automotive shop but i guess i'll have to wait til November... If i can keep the greedy Snap-on guy and his 8,000.00 toolboxes away

Lol, one thing I'd say is the gritty matte finish, feels like medium grit sandpaper, will probably get dirtier and be a little difficult to keep clean in a grease filled environment. The drawers and pulls are more conventional semigloss powder coat which aren't a problem but everywhere you see red is the matte powdercoat. I love my box and I think structurally it'd be fine but just FYI.

Fight the power man. You can hold out! Welcome to the Dan, Kruton and BigMike broke ass tool chest fund!

Was super siked to finally score one of these. Unfortunately when I opened it up the bottom was pretty seriously damaged. I contacted Milwaukee but they told me to just take it up with HD. However HD has none in stock again so I'm not sure what I can do in the mean time or when I'll be able to get a new bottom. Kind of feeling screwed right now.

th_2015-09-14%2022.22.03_zpsokgbk6vl.jpg

th_2015-09-14%2022.21.34_zpsonpfnko5.jpg

Was super siked to finally score one of these. Unfortunately when I opened it up the bottom was pretty seriously damaged. I contacted Milwaukee but they told me to just take it up with HD. However HD has none in stock again so I'm not sure what I can do in the mean time or when I'll be able to get a new bottom. Kind of feeling screwed right now.

th_2015-09-14%2022.22.03_zpsokgbk6vl.jpg

th_2015-09-14%2022.21.34_zpsonpfnko5.jpg

Maybe the Home Depot guys were watching that vid Dan and Eric took at the Milwaukee event of how strong their steel is so they wanted to see if would hold up. No matter what happened thats minor... just remember if that was a husky box or other cheap box it would be flattened like a pancake.

I don't see HD having any issues taking it back. The problem is they are not in stock in many places because they sell out and there might not be any stock for a replacement. That and the fact that these SOB's are heavy and packed like nuclear warheads making them a pain to deal with. I managed to get the two pieces into my basement and lift the chest on top by myself but It was a struggle even after taking all the drawers out, and I'm not a weakling lol.

The problem is I don't think Milwaukee has these in their own warehouse. They come over in the shipping container right too Home Depot. The other thing is you can't ship something like this UPS you have to use an special LTL courier which costs more and they might not have an account. I don't know if Milwaukee sells anything else that big and heavy. Still they should make things right!!

U thinking about keeping it Jerry?

The tool chest or saw? I'm not returning either. The saw with the 60tooth Diablo still has balls for cordless tool and feels great, I was testing it out and really like it. The chest I love too. Built like a tank, I can't believe the photos of the one above buckling like that. I'd think the box too would have been trashed but something must have really put some force down on it to do that kind of damaged during shipping or at the factory in Vietnam..

The tool chest or saw? I'm not returning either. The saw with the 60tooth Diablo still has balls for cordless tool and feels great, I was testing it out and really like it. The chest I love too. Built like a tank, I can't believe the photos of the one above buckling like that. I'd think the box too would have been trashed but something must have really put some force down on it to do that kind of damaged during shipping or at the factory in Vietnam..

. I'm sorry I was talking about the chest I know u ain't taking that saw back all I hear is great things about that saw it just sucks to hear about the chest man could they at least give u some kind discount

. I'm sorry I was talking about the chest I know u ain't taking that saw back all I hear is great things about that saw it just sucks to hear about the chest man could they at least give u some kind discount

You're confusing my posts with the other guys who's was damaged. Mine is fine, I only posted comments commiserating with him that it would indeed suck to have to return this beast, not that I need to return mine.

Glad it worked out for ya! I was afraid they wouldn't be able to find you another one so you were going to get hosed. Congrats man, I would like to pick one up myself some day.

WelI ended up having to find it myself. Went to HD pro desk and used their computer to locate the only store that happened to be 30 miles away that had one 1 box in stock. Bit of a hassle but I'm happy with the box overall. Although I seem to have filled it up more then I thought I would.

WelI ended up having to find it myself. Went to HD pro desk and used their computer to locate the only store that happened to be 30 miles away that had one 1 box in stock. Bit of a hassle but I'm happy with the box overall. Although I seem to have filled it up more then I thought I would.

That is pretty shady on home depots part to make you do the leg work.

• Like 1

That is pretty shady on home depots part to make you do the leg work.

Yea...I'm not really sure what they could have done about it considering very few stores have stock. I don't understand how these things are so hard to get a hold of. I would think they would want to keep these in stores considering how well they seemed to sell.