Milwaukee 46in Tool Chest

silica

I just measured and to the peak of the opened lid it looks like 6'6-3/8". My basement floor is a bit uneven so I'd say 6'6.5" to be safe ;)

thanks for that as well. I already have shelving in my garage and if I got one it would go under them. This helps me out a lot. thanks!

JerryNY.....Was wondering if you could confirm a few more measurements.

I made a quick drawing, a side view and have measurement from floor to top lid that you provided, thanks for that....but need two more measurements, you'll see in the drawing I have here.....also could you confirm the 15"1/2 inch I have on the right of the drawing. Thanks!

post-51163-0-03603100-1445281942_thumb.j

Hey that 15.5" measurement is more like 15.75" but the top is held up by struts so there is some play in it.

I tried to measure what I think you're asking for. Here's your drawing back and some photos of where I think you want the tape? Also that measurement from the deck of the top lidded compartment to the side rail is what you want. I measured with and without the mat, not sure what you wanted...

Hey that 15.5" measurement is more like 15.75" but the top is held up by struts so there is some play in it.

I tried to measure what I think you're asking for. Here's your drawing back and some photos of where I think you want the tape? Also that measurement from the deck of the top lidded compartment to the side rail is what you want. I measured with and without the mat, not sure what you wanted...

That's awesome, exactly what I needed, much appreciated!!!......The reason for the measurements is my tool shed wall top plate is 68"" from the floor then the pitch starts for the roof and trying to determine how far I can open the canopy. Did some measuring and looks like the canopy top point can open to about 71-72" measuring from the floor.....which is plenty, also was thinking of not installing the wheels as its not moving once placed and this will give me all the room I need. Again really apppreciate the help :)

No problem, remember too the cords have to exit the back so you don't want to have it snugged up to the wall anyway. Included are cord brackets to wrap the cords around when wheeling the unit, you don't have to install these, especially if you don't intend to move it once set up, but they do add an inch or two to the clearance at the back...

FYI the casters add about 6.5" overall...

No problem, remember too the cords have to exit the back so you don't want to have it snugged up to the wall anyway. Included are cord brackets to wrap the cords around when wheeling the unit, you don't have to install these, especially if you don't intend to move it once set up, but they do add an inch or two to the clearance at the back...

FYI the casters add about 6.5" overall...

Thanks for the additional info.....When I was figuring the measurements I allowed 5" for the casters, 6.5" is even better, allows me a smidge more clearance. I've had my finger on the buy button for the past hour LOL!

Thanks for the additional info.....When I was figuring the measurements I allowed 5" for the casters, 6.5" is even better, allows me a smidge more clearance. I've had my finger on the buy button for the past hour LOL!

If you don't plan on moving the box you could always leave the castors off.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk