AvE Reviews The Festool TS55REQ

DR99

Yeah kinda surprised some of the corners cut. If it was half the cost it wouldn't have been so bad but still his Hilti tear down was much more impressive to me...

I haven't seen that one yet. I didn't care for the guy at first but now I love his videos.

Maybe we should take this link down before ChrisK sees it! [emoji6] [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Interesting to say the least. Still you have to compare it to how all the others are built and go from there. No question Festool is way over priced and also no question it is a very good quality tool. But the real question is how can a barrel of oil be at 40 dollars and gas still be at 3.50 a gallon in California? Somethings just don't add up.

it's all old school marketing, turn up the heat and offer free salted peanuts.......they will buy the liquids........

If I open up Pino's Pepi Diner and offer a spaghetti dinner at $59.00 someone will buy it ...... because it must be good at that price......

• Like 1

I am a woodworker, and almost died laughing at his comment "If you enjoy manipulating dead tree carcasses, that's fine, just don't ask me to come over and watch gladiator movies"  But seriously, Festool is a woodworking "eco-system" like Apple's eco-system is to computers.  Yeah, both can be looked at has over priced, but they have excellent customer service, and they are remarkable at what they do.  I don't own, or plan on owning any Festool products, has I am a DeWalt guy.  However, I know a few folks that are invested in the Festool eco-system, and they swear by them.  I have tried them out a few times, and they are a joy to use.

-Steven

• Like 1

I'll will have to say AvE is very entertaining and can be a asshole at times but I have watched his channel for about 3 years now. The bottom line is that this is a track saw not a framing saw that is going to be pushed to the max day in and day out.

• Like 2

To be honest in some aspects I think some of festool tools are worth the ridiculous prices. Like the track saw (even tho the grizzly and Makita would do the same thing) , and the domino jointer but on the other hand they pump there prices simple because of name.

To be honest in some aspects I think some of festool tools are worth the ridiculous prices. Like the track saw (even tho the grizzly and Makita would do the same thing) , and the domino jointer but on the other hand they pump there prices simple because of name.

Price difference isn't much different in here in Ireland. Every brand is over priced here so we only got to fork out an extra 100 or so on festool products

I've never shopped for a track saw but looking at Amazon here in the US it looks like the Festool track saw runs around $640 and the Dewalt and Makita's run about $200 less? $640 still ain't cheap but it's a far cry from a grand so it's isn't quite as bad AVE makes it sound. Still I think it's just engineering to the task and price because these saws aren't abused like circular saws probably but AVE hates those types excuses anyway.

Btw did anyone catch the little friendly jab AVE took at Tools in Action's intro music at the beginning of his Festool tear down? He actually made a comment on the tool fight video about their intro music being like big hair bands and pickles in their leather pants type rock bands or something to that affect. Kinda funny but it's all in good fun and AVE has lots of viewers and sending him beat up tools to see what failed and repair them for give away is cool.

If he thinks the Festool is expensive he should price the Mafell lol!

I own a lot of green, but also a lot of yellow and a lot of blue. Gotta find what works for you and not worry about if someone else likes it or not.

• Like 2

If he thinks the Festool is expensive he should price the Mafell lol!

I own a lot of green, but also a lot of yellow and a lot of blue. Gotta find what works for you and not worry about if someone else likes it or not.

true, I'm not really a fanboy of any brand. I'm more of a brushless fanboy, I've bought all of dewalts brushless tools now moving onto what makita have brushless that dewalt hadnt