First day with a the new framing crew

torontotoolman

Whats balloon framing? Lol or even deck framing lol i never heard these terms

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Balloon framing is a style of wood-house building that uses long, vertical 2" x 4"s for the exterior walls. These long "studs" extend uninterrupted, from the sill on top of the foundation, all the way up to the roof. 

Deck framing build your walls on the deck then raise the walls build a deck on top of you walls then repeat. 

Balloon framing is a style of wood-house building that uses long, vertical 2" x 4"s for the exterior walls. These long "studs" extend uninterrupted, from the sill on top of the foundation, all the way up to the roof.

Deck framing build your walls on the deck then raise the walls build a deck on top of you walls then repeat.

Oh ya no ballon framing anywhere up here haga most exterior walls are 2x6s ecept for these 21 fters those are double 2x8s with 4 rows of blocking because the hight

Nice Toronto, framing has always been interesting to me

Ya framing is my fav thing to do i couldnt really picture myself in any other tradr but framing or roofing lol i may not have to school smarts for any ither trade but ya i love framing its great nothing better then building a house or mansion for someone you know framing is one of those things you gotta know to do it propper

Great work,

I bet the guy that owns the simple brick ranch across the street loves his neighbor to the right. That house is huge in comparison, it makes the ranch looks like it's the servants quarters,

Ya the funny thing is the 2 houses we are building are bigger then those 2 across the street but ya you should see the house to the left of the one im building its not gonna see sun light again hhahah

• Like 1

Ya framing is my fav thing to do i couldnt really picture myself in any other tradr but framing or roofing lol i may not have to school smarts for any ither trade but ya i love framing its great nothing better then building a house or mansion for someone you know framing is one of those things you gotta know to do it propper

How did you get started/into it?

How did you get started/into it?

Ok i was doing flat roofing befor like with a torch and rolls and then after a little falling out with the boss and it got slow in winter i quite and got a job framing and been doing that for over a year but im no wood pusher goffer i was cutting and nailing walls my first day lol i dont play so im good enough to hang with the big guys

• Like 1

Nice work TMan! Those walls look really heavy. I've helped my dad on smaller one story houses, but nothing to that scale. Awesome work

Ya my boss would pick them up with a strap around his forks on his zoom boom he lift them me and a next guy would get the into place and nail em in befor that we cut all the 2x8s and nail them together and built the walls

Tman, you keep impressing with all of your skills. It always feels good when your on bigger and better things and it pushes your abilitys to higher standards. Before you know it, you'll have your own biz. Congrats Tman

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Ya man and im learning a lot more already this is probably the most expensive house i got my hands on and ya in a few years i wouldnt mind opening up my own framing company forsure

• Like 1

Who's the builder of those homes. You are contracted out right?

Ya under contract im not sure the builder but my boss and his guys have done a bunch of houses for him this house would be number 8 for this builder and the house beside it will obviously be number 9 soo ya i geuss the builder likes his work lol

Great looking project Toronto, how long you figure you will be on site? Are you strictly rough framing or finish work as well? I bet your new Makita Coil nailer is kicking some ass on this job

We do back framing aswell but we aint no finish carpenters lol prob 2 more weeks on this house then start the one beside it