Wet/Dry Shop Vac?

toolgirl1230

Hi everyone - I have recently gotten really into shop work and have enjoyed playing around fixing/making things. I'm getting to the point now where I would like (and need) to start building a nice little shop. I'm in need of a good shop vac though...definitely wet/dry....and I was wondering what I should look for? Price isn't really an issue, but should I be concerned with noise? And what is this "blower feature" that some have mentioned?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks :)

I've had good luck with Rigids 4 Gal. portable wet dry vac. I believe it's model WD4070. It has a muffler you can buy for a little bit more money that makes it pretty quiet. As far as the blower feature it usually consists of removing the hose and putting it in the exhaust port, on this vac it's moves quite a bit of air and could be used for blowing dust off of stuff I suppose if you don't have an air compressor. I hardly use that option though.

I have a Craftsman that isn't to bad. I have an older model. Great vac, but anytime I wheel it over anything, the wheels never make it and the vac falls over. Its a pain. I am sure the new ones might be better. I usually grab for my shop vac. Great power, quite and rolls over everything. As Mustang said the Ridgid is also good and you can find deals on them.

• 4 months later...