Flashlight

jbw55

I am so glad that you love the NC EC4, I knew you would. :) Its definitely a light that you can depend on, and if you run it on the lower levels, it can last many many hours. You can alter the throw that it does by choosing a different power setting. ;) Be careful with the strobe mode though, its liable to cause a seizure lol. And I know you recently bought a 3500 lumen light, I'd like you to compare the full power lumens of both that light and your EC4. I think you will be surprised at how good the EC4 compares with the 3500 lumen light. The great thing about the EC4 is that you can pocket it or use the pouch. But those larger flashlights, you can't pocket them, and either they are stored in a pouch, or in a backpack cause their so big lol. Thanks for your honest review in comparing the streamlight with the nitecore. :)

I hear you on the strobe, it will definately stop you in your tracks :) I'll find some time later in the week to compare the Nitecore with the Eagtac.

Hey, did you guys see, TIA finally did a flashlight video after seeing how popular flashlights were among us here lol. Its clearly using batteries larger then 18650's, I think I would rather have prefered 2 18650 battery cells for that flashlight, as it adds more charging versatility, as I could charge them via USB, or by putting the batteries themselves in a charging unit. Also, for a 70 dollar flashlight, I am dissapointed in the fact that it doesn't have a glass lens. 70 dollars isn't cheap, so the technology shouldn't be either. Other then that, it seems like a nice flashlight. But honestly with the flashlights size, you'd think it could output more then 1000 lumens, I would expect 3,000 lumens from that size. Heck, my Nitecore EC4 is small enough to fit in a pocket and it outputs 1000 lumens on the highest setting, and will do so for over an hour on 2 18650 battery cells.

I guess what I am saying is, its not a bad flashlight, but if I were looking at my EC4 for 65 dollars, and that Zero Trace for 70 dollars, weighing in the specs and all, I would easily jump to the Nitecore. And honestly, the Navy wouldn't use that size light for walking around patrolling at night, or at their post. If a light was to be that size, it be found mounted to a boat like a previous comments was saying. These days, lights don't have to be that massive to push out 1000 lumens, now 3,000 lumens, thats a different story. :)

I watched that last night. Nice idea but not something I'd buy. Also it's a 5-6 month delivery time according to Amazon. The batteries look like 2 18650s that they enclosed together, I would guess that you could probably use 2 18650s...we'd have to check the size/voltage on the battery first(obviously).

I've just bought a Snap-On badged flashlight in Costco for £11 +Tax. For that price I don't care if its waterproof as if I drop it in the harbour I'm not going in after it.

I don't have any Snap-On licensed flashlights but I'm all for the cheaper LED flashlights from China. On Amazon you can get the 400 lumen flashlight for less than $7, they're bright as hell. They've lasted for me, I've had all three for over two years...but if it does break or I lose it, no big deal. Also these have a magnifying lense on the front, not polycarbinate.The only issue with these is the belt clip and screws that hold on the belt clip, they strip and/or back out. I dropped a little gorilla glue in the holes and screwed the screw in and the problem was solved.

I'll look for this Snap-on flashlight because one can always use a new flashlight.

• Like 1

That's definitely another way to go. Spending 80-100 dollars on a flashlight is a lot to be sure. I have a few of those Costco lights that are in a pack of 3 for 15-18 bucks. Not bad but they all run on AAA batteries and that means they don't last long. But yeah you don't have to worry about losing or breaking them. That is a good thing. 

That's definitely another way to go. Spending 80-100 dollars on a flashlight is a lot to be sure. I have a few of those Costco lights that are in a pack of 3 for 15-18 bucks. Not bad but they all run on AAA batteries and that means they don't last long. But yeah you don't have to worry about losing or breaking them. That is a good thing. 

How big is the chassis for the AAA batteries? It may be able to fit the 14500 battery.

That looks like a nice light dude, thanks for sharing. But I already got my light, it may not have all those bells and whistles like that one has, but its bright and does the job. Here is the link to my post that shows how much light my new bike light casts...

http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/7463-calling-all-flashlight-nerds-i-shall-brighten-your-day-d/page-3#entry82276

That looks nice.....difinately can stay out of trouble with that :)

HAHA, glad you like it! Yeah that small Eagtac would be a perfect pocket light, while that mini light would be perfect for a keychain light. ;)

The TI clicky would drive me crazy for a key chain light, I hate having too many keys or larger objects on the key chain....flashlights on the key chain don't belong, well maybe those penny round types would be ok but not anything larger....sorry LOL!!!! all is good :)

Does anyone's else put one of those really small keychain lights on hoodie zipper pulls

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

haha I live in Florida, so that'd mean my flashlight would be stored away for 11 months a year.

I personally use a thin paracord, I just put my hand through it and let it dangle...when not in use and I'm not spinning it around by the lanyard on my index finger.