Oscillating Multitool

kruton

I had the bosch to start with in battery , after a year going through 2 of them I bought the Fein one corded , which was fine but I found the slide trigger get harder and harder to use

Then the Dewalt mains came out and the quick switch tool change looked great , but I didn't buy one as wanted to wait till the battery version came out , a few people I know said about the trigger setting off when you placed it on the floor, I ended up using the fein less and less as I had less power tools on site and only used the XR range of tools , as soon as the Dewalt battery version came out I got one and now use it every day, you don't have the trigger problem as the battery holds it off the floor , the quick switch makes life so much quicker and eaiser , I would highly recommend the battery Dewalt version

In the UK I use Saxton blades , they do there own quick switch blades at a great price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the bosch to start with in battery , after a year going through 2 of them I bought the Fein one corded , which was fine but I found the slide trigger get harder and harder to use

Then the Dewalt mains came out and the quick switch tool change looked great , but I didn't buy one as wanted to wait till the battery version came out , a few people I know said about the trigger setting off when you placed it on the floor, I ended up using the fein less and less as I had less power tools on site and only used the XR range of tools , as soon as the Dewalt battery version came out I got one and now use it every day, you don't have the trigger problem as the battery holds it off the floor , the quick switch makes life so much quicker and eaiser , I would highly recommend the battery Dewalt version

In the UK I use Saxton blades , they do there own quick switch blades at a great price

Were you using the 250 or 350 Fein?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'll dig it out and look for you

Thanks I appreciate it. I'm looking at the 350 so I am hoping that was the 250 and they have fixed it! Either way thank you for the info. That's what is great about this place everybody has a lot of knowledge and willing to share their experiences to help each other out. It's good to be crew!

Just bought the corded Porter cable last night and I'll be testing it out tonight.

I've only used the jobmax so that's how I will compare it. I know its not top of the line but it was on sale for $90 from $150

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

That's awesome man. Looking forward to see what you think of it. My Fein should be here Tuesday so hopefully we both have good stories to report back with. I'll be honest there are several different brands that have really solid OMT'S out right now. It was harder to decide which one to get than I thought it would be. Thanks to everyone for all of the advice. I think I am going to type up a quick review when it comes in and submit that to Eric and Dan to see about writing some for the sight. You guys can be my proofreaders!

• Like 2

The new Fein came in today and I have to say this thing is smooth. I just messed around with it on some 4x4's in the shop. I can't believe how easy it cuts. I wish I would have gotten an OMT a long time ago. Hopefully I can post a longer review after I get some hours on it. Thanks for all of your input.679b89f5f5b0c2e672652dc722db4c86.jpg

6ce56b08b2689180153fb1a1d9a5b78a.jpg

• Like 1

The new Fein came in today and I have to say this thing is smooth. I just messed around with it on some 4x4's in the shop. I can't believe how easy it cuts. I wish I would have gotten an OMT a long time ago. Hopefully I can post a longer review after I get some hours on it. Thanks for all of your input.679b89f5f5b0c2e672652dc722db4c86.jpg

6ce56b08b2689180153fb1a1d9a5b78a.jpg

. Sweeeeet brotha!!
  • Like 1

Kruton, the vibration dampening on that tool is awesome. I've used it before and I fell in love with it. Great great great tool.

I'll admit first that I have never used an oscillating multitool before this but I couldn't believe how little vibration there was. I can't say enough how smooth that thing went through a 4x4. Now I'm going to start playing with different blades to see what works best for different applications.

• 2 weeks later...

Would be amazing if someone could post a test review on the vibration dampening difference between the Fein 250 and the new model 350

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I would be curious to know the difference as well.

so I finally got to use my porter cable OMT for longer than a few test cuts, and I am curious to know if they all get rather warm after about 30-90 second burst and cool down periods of around 3 minutes... I found it was getting hot right around the exhaust vents at the top. other than that it worked wonders! love the tool-less blade change and glad I made the change from the jobmax I was using previous.

My Dremel gets pretty heated, I have the smallest motored one so I'm sure I am overworking the capacity of the tool but for the little bit that I use it, it's not worth the upgrade. If I did I would probably grab a Bosch, I've heard a lot of good things about theirs.

I like the plunge base for the Festool. I am not completely sure but I think it might work on my Fein but I hesitant to pay the money for it if it won't fit.

Yeah the plunge base will work on the Fein Super as that is essentially the design ideas Festool got from Fein but from what I understand the Festool is a great machine. Apples to apples though I'd definitely go with the Fein, the Festools is really pricey but when talking to a Woodcraft guy and he sells both, he said the Festool has something that dampens vibration even more. Regardless, I love my Bosch MXH 18v!

Yeah the plunge base will work on the Fein Super as that is essentially the design ideas Festool got from Fein but from what I understand the Festool is a great machine. Apples to apples though I'd definitely go with the Fein, the Festools is really pricey but when talking to a Woodcraft guy and he sells both, he said the Festool has something that dampens vibration even more. Regardless, I love my Bosch MXH 18v!

Chris do you know if it will also work on the Fein Multimaster as well? If the Festool has better dampening that is really impressive because i feel the Fein is really well dampened.

Chris do you know if it will also work on the Fein Multimaster as well? If the Festool has better dampening that is really impressive because i feel the Fein is really well dampened.

It works on the Fein Supercut which is the higher end multi tool. The machine is essentially what Festool modeled the Vecturo on as Fein is the original. The Supercut is their best tool and to be honest, if I get a corded version, unless I come across some crazy deal, the Supercut multi master will end up being the one I get, but the 350 was the one I originally wanted. The only reason I want the Vecturo is because of the plunge base. But, there is a slight modification that has to be done to accommodate the base. Super easy and I think last year one of our members even posted how to do it. Also there are several mentions of this mod on other sites. Long story short, it works but only with the slight mod and only on the Supercut.

It works on the Fein Supercut which is the higher end multi tool. The machine is essentially what Festool modeled the Vecturo on as Fein is the original. The Supercut is their best tool and to be honest, if I get a corded version, unless I come across some crazy deal, the Supercut multi master will end up being the one I get, but the 350 was the one I originally wanted. The only reason I want the Vecturo is because of the plunge base. But, there is a slight modification that has to be done to accommodate the base. Super easy and I think last year one of our members even posted how to do it. Also there are several mentions of this mod on other sites. Long story short, it works but only with the slight mod and only on the Supercut.

Thanks for the info Chris. I was hoping there was a way to mod it to work with the multimaster...maybe I should have just gotten the Festool. [emoji22]