M18 Stand Light release date?

nola tools

As long as they don't make it require a stupid power adapter like the fan.  I don't see them increasing the price, more likely decreasing the price on the non-AC model.  Now let's look at the power requirements.

5 Amp Hour battyer / 4 Hour runtime on high = 1.25 Amp peak draw

Amazon can provide an 18V, 2A power supply for $10.  I don't know about you guys but I'd wait to buy the old model at a discount and tape one of these to the side with the wires soldered in.

I agree with that, hopefully they lower the price!

12 hours ago, jeffmcmillan said:

As long as they don't make it require a stupid power adapter like the fan.  I don't see them increasing the price, more likely decreasing the price on the non-AC model.  Now let's look at the power requirements.

5 Amp Hour battyer / 4 Hour runtime on high = 1.25 Amp peak draw

Amazon can provide an 18V, 2A power supply for $10.  I don't know about you guys but I'd wait to buy the old model at a discount and tape one of these to the side with the wires soldered in.

Eugh that's right. I like that fan and I'm glad I have it but the wall wart pisses me off. Even the ryobi fan has an extension cord setup. "Nothing but heavy duty" my ass. It's even a long wart so I find it gradually slips down so it isn't plugged in extremely well, if that makes sense. I have to press it in to get it flush again every so often. Luckily I run it off of batteries more often than not. 

• Like 1

Eugh that's right. I like that fan and I'm glad I have it but the wall wart pisses me off. Even the ryobi fan has an extension cord setup. "Nothing but heavy duty" my ass. It's even a long wart so I find it gradually slips down so it isn't plugged in extremely well, if that makes sense. I have to press it in to get it flush again every so often. Luckily I run it off of batteries more often than not. 

Yeah buddy!!!

-

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk