Gas prices in your area.

NicholasShetley

Back in 2004, we had the worst gas prices ever recorded. Gas was almost 5 dollars per gallon here, I don't know about the rest of America, or the world for that matter, but in Washington State, drivers converted to driving motercycles and scooters, it was the only economical way to drive. And the police started cracking down on motorists, it was almost like a manhunt, to bust as many illegal motorists as possible, even for the most miner of infractions. I guess they thought somehow new motorists were going to collaps the internet or something. Once gas prices went back down however, now people are back to driving their 5 mile per gallon gas guzzling monster trucks and SUV's, guess their not worried about the gas prices no more.

I lost my truck to engine death over 5 years ago due to extreme age. The cost to having a vehicle, maintaining one, license, inssurance, tabs, is just too costly today. I realized if I tried to get another truck at the time, I would bankrupped myself. It forced me to alter how I live, learn to live within my means. Now, gas prices are not so much of a worry cause I only have to fill up for all my machines. I feel for those who have to drive 100 miles, or even 50 miles to work everyday, cause I know all too well that unless their vehicle is getting 30 miles to the gallon or more, they are seriously hurting at the pump.

Yep the whole west coast broke the 5 dollar mark....don't remeber 2004 being that high, thought it was 2008 regardless it really sucked, I had 15 trucks for my business and they got filled 2-3 times a week :(

I still can't get my head around why diesel is more expensive than gas? I guess I also can't get my head around how they can manufacture reasons to jack the prices up as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It's supply and demand. Our infrastructure is designed around freight which runs nearly entirely on diesel, and by our...I mean worldwide, China, Europe, India, and the US top the list. Since the volumes required are higher and in more demand, the price stays higher. It's also taxed $.06 higher than gasoline per gallon. The shift to low sulfur diesel also increased distribution and production cost. 

Speaking of gas here is a funning story....It was a spit milk out my nose moment. I swear this is true and just saw it on the news, there was a guy at a gas station pumping gas and there was a spider crawling next to the gas cap so this idiot takes his lighter and lights the spider on fire, you can guess what happen next.....flames everywhere, luckly no one was hurt....the gas station attendent came out to put the flames out.....amazing how stupid people can be.

• Like 1

It's supply and demand. Our infrastructure is designed around freight which runs nearly entirely on diesel, and by our...I mean worldwide, China, Europe, India, and the US top the list. Since the volumes required are higher and in more demand, the price stays higher. It's also taxed $.06 higher than gasoline per gallon. The shift to low sulfur diesel also increased distribution and production cost.

Have you been visiting the eia website?

Speaking of gas here is a funning story....It was a spit milk out my nose moment. I swear this is true and just saw it on the news, there was a guy at a gas station pumping gas and there was a spider crawling next to the gas cap so this idiot takes his lighter and lights the spider on fire, you can guess what happen next.....flames everywhere, luckly no one was hurt....the gas station attendent came out to put the flames out.....amazing how stupid people can be.

Did you see the story last week about the lady that jumped out of a moving car(with her son in the back seat) because she saw a spider? hahaha

Have you been visiting the eia website?

Don't know what EIA is, been looking into buying a diesel for a couple years to replace my old gasser so I'm well versed in the economics of fuel, mostly from influence of OPEC, domestic production, and so on. 

My conclusion is I'm still too broke to change yet.  ::) Hope the gasser makes it another year or two. Upfront cost of diesel motors is still pretty rapey. Don't know what to do...

Don't know what EIA is, been looking into buying a diesel for a couple years to replace my old gasser so I'm well versed in the economics of fuel, mostly from influence of OPEC, domestic production, and so on.

My conclusion is I'm still too broke to change yet. ::) Hope the gasser makes it another year or two. Upfront cost of diesel motors is still pretty rapey. Don't know what to do...

They have some pretty good info on the economics of fuel. Not a bad site to check out if you are interested in that kind of stuff.

I drive an 04 Dodge with the Cummins, to buy that same truck today almost made me choke when I called the dealership about a new one. Looks like I'll be putting a few more miles on it before I upgrade!